Cheapest 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Do you think you bought an overpriced auto insurance policy? Believe me when I say many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out.
Lots of car insurance companies contend for your hard-earned dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to discover the definitive cheapest price
Why smart consumers pay less for Volkswagen Tiguan insurance
Lots of things are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like your driving record, although some other factors are not as apparent such as your marital status or your commute time.
- Optional features that lower premiums – Choosing to buy a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Theft deterrent systems such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help stop auto theft.
- Save miles driven and save money – The more you drive in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Many insurance companies calculate rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that are left in the garage can be on a lower rate level than those used for commuting. It’s a smart idea to ensure your declarations sheet shows the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. A policy that improperly rates your Tiguan can result in significantly higher rates.
- Minor frequent claims are not good – If you file claims often, you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance companies generally give most affordable rates to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. Auto insurance is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Cheaper rates after marriage – Having a spouse actually saves money when buying insurance coverage. Having a significant other is viewed as being more mature than a single person and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Do you really need the incidental coverages? – There are quite a few extra add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your Tiguan policy. Coverages like vanishing deductibles, towing, and extra equipment coverage are examples of these. These coverages may sound good initially, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Responsible credit means lower rates – A driver’s credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay for insurance coverage. So if your credit score is lower than you’d like, you may save money insuring your 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan by taking the time to improve your credit score. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure than those with lower credit ratings.
- Do you have enough liability protection? – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance provides coverage if a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It provides you with a defense in court to defend your case. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Double check you’re getting these discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you can get discounts that you may not know about. Certain credits will be shown at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not a discount per se, but certain companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without raising rates with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class in high school.
- E-sign – A handful of insurance companies will give a small break get car insurance on the web.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10% for Tiguan insurance.
Don’t be surprised that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Larger auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, federal employee, five-year accident-free, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, and anti-theft.
- Farmers offers discounts including claim-free, good student, multi-policy, good driver, and accident-free.
- Progressive has discounts for good student, homeowner, multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including new car, multi-car, hybrid/electric vehicle, early quote, student away at school, payment discounts, and home ownership.
- SAFECO may include discounts for homeowner, drive less, safe driver, teen safe driver, multi-car, and anti-lock brakes.
- AAA offers discounts for good driver, pay-in-full, education and occupation, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
Double check with each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts might not apply in every state. To choose providers offering auto insurance discounts, click here to view.
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Insurance coverage considerations
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are the usual coverages available from insurance companies.
Comprehensive insurance – This pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like vandalism, rock chips in glass and hitting a deer. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Liability insurance – Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to other’s property or people. It protects you from claims by other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see values of 100/300/100 that means you have $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers claims such as medical expenses, structural damage, funeral expenses, court costs and bail bonds. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but buy higher limits if possible.
Coverage for medical expenses – Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for bills for things like hospital visits, doctor visits, ambulance fees, dental work and nursing services. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers both the driver and occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverages – This coverage covers damage to your Tiguan caused by collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims like colliding with another moving vehicle, scraping a guard rail, driving through your garage door, damaging your car on a curb and hitting a parking meter. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Volkswagen Tiguan.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Frequently these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
More quotes. Lower rates.
In this article, we covered many ways to lower your 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan insurance premium rates. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
Some companies may not offer online rate quotes small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agents. Lower-priced insurance can be sourced both online and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection.
When you buy car insurance online, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where an insured cut physical damage coverage only to regret they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
Even more information can be found in these articles:
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area