Cheapest 2018 Nissan Maxima Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 19, 2019
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
I can’t think of a single person who looks forward to paying for auto insurance, especially when they could find lower prices if they just compared rates.
Drivers have multiple insurers to choose from, and although it’s nice to have a choice, more options can take longer to adequately compare rates.
Consumers need to do rate comparisons at least once a year since insurance prices change regularly. If you had the lowest rates for Maxima coverage a few years ago a different company probably has better rate quotes today. There is too much inaccurate information about auto insurance online, but in a few minutes you can learn some of the best techniques to lower your auto insurance premiums.
How to compare insurance quotes
Most major insurance companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm give coverage price quotes from their websites. Doing online quotes is pretty painless as all you need to do is type in on the page. Upon sending the form, their rating system sends out for your driving and credit reports and returns a price quote. Online price quotes streamlines rate comparisons, but the time it takes to visit several different sites and type in your information is a waste of time. But it’s necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to get a lower rate.
A more efficient way to compare rates uses one simple form that obtains quotes from more than one company. This type of form saves time, reduces the work, and makes price shopping online much easier. Once the form is submitted, it is quoted and you can select any of the quote results.
If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you simply finish the application and buy the new coverage. The entire process takes 15 minutes at the most and may save quite a bit of money.
To quickly compare rates now, click here and input your coverage information. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you copy the insurance coverages just like they are on your policy. This ensures you will have comparison quotes using the same coverage and limits.
Save money by taking advantage of discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains some of the best known and the harder-to-find discounts that you may qualify for. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Distant Student Discount – Any of your kids who are attending college without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Senior Citizens – Seniors may qualify for a slight reduction on a auto insurance quote for Maxima coverage.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few insurance companies allow discounts for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current policy. This can save 10% or more.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save you some money because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control have fewer accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
One thing to note about discounts is that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky. But any discount will definitely reduce the amount you have to pay.
To see a list of insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts, click this link.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
How you can control Nissan Maxima insurance prices
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but others are less apparent such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower premium levels.
The itemized list below are most of the major factors used by your company to calculate prices.
- Insurance companies don’t like frequent policy claims – If you are a frequent claim filer, you shouldn’t be surprised to get higher rates. Car insurance companies award cheaper rates to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your car insurance is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- City traffic equals higher rates – Being located in less populated areas has it’s advantages when talking about insurance. Residents of big cities regularly have more road rage incidents and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accident claims in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress job? – Jobs like military personnel, executives and accountants have higher rates than the rest of us because of job stress and lengthy work days. Conversely, jobs like professors, students and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average for Maxima coverage.
- Cars with good safety ratings lower prices – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates directly to fewer claims and lower rates for you.
How much auto insurance do I need?
When buying coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions may help highlight whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my 2018 Nissan Maxima?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Save $427 a year! What?
Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm regularly use ads in print and on television. They all seem to make the promise that you’ll save big just by switching your coverage to them. How can each company make almost identical claims? Here is how they do it.
Insurance providers quote their best rates for the type of driver that will add to their bottom line. One example of a profitable insured could be over the age of 50, has a low-risk occupation, and drives a lower-performance vehicle. A customer that hits that “sweet spot” gets the lowest rates as well as save when switching.
Potential insureds who are not a match for the requirements will be quoted a higher premium and this can result in the prospect going elsewhere. The wording the ads use say “people that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save the amount stated. That is how insurance companies can confidently make claims like that.
Because every company is different, it is so important to do a price quote comparison at every renewal. It’s not possible to predict which insurance coverage company will have the best prices.
Information about specific coverages
Knowing the specifics of auto insurance can help you determine appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find the usual coverages available from auto insurance companies.
Liability insurance provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see values of 25/50/25 which means a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for claims like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, funeral expenses, medical expenses, legal defense fees and medical services. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Maxima from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as rolling your car, colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a parking meter and colliding with a tree. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
This will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like theft, vandalism, damage from a tornado or hurricane and hitting a bird. The most your auto insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your 2018 Nissan Maxima.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Most of the time these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for expenses for things like funeral costs, ambulance fees and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
You can do this!
Low-cost 2018 Nissan Maxima insurance can be purchased online as well as from independent agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not offer rates over the internet and most of the time these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to get a better price on 2018 Nissan Maxima insurance. The key thing to remember is the more you quote auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may be surprised to find that the best premium rates are with a small mutual company. These companies can often provide lower prices in certain areas than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
To read more, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area