Cheapest 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 22, 2019
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding cheaper insurance for your Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class can be difficult, but you can learn the following methods and make it easy. There are both good and bad ways to compare insurance rates and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to quote coverages on a Mercedes-Benz and find the best price possible either online or from local insurance agents.
If you are insured now or need new coverage, you can use these tips to reduce the price you pay and still get good coverage. Buying affordable protection is easy if you know what you’re doing. Consumers only need to know how to compare prices over the internet.
Cheapest insurance coverage rate quotes
Finding low cost insurance coverage rates can be surprisingly simple. All that’s required is to take a few minutes comparing price quotes from different insurance companies. This can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
- The simplest way consumers can make multiple comparisons is an all-inclusive rate comparison like this one (opens in new window). This method eliminates the need for repetitive form submissions for each price estimate. In just a few minutes this one form gets you price quotes from several companies.It’s the quickest way to get rates.
- A slightly less efficient method to analyze rates is spending the time to visit each individual company website to request a price quote. For example, let’s assume you need rates from Progressive, Safeco and GMAC. To find out each rate you need to take the time to go to each site to enter your coverage information, which can be really labor intensive.For a list of companies in your area, click here.
The approach you take is up to you, just do your best to enter nearly identical coverage limits on every quote you get. If you are comparing different data it’s impossible to make an equal comparison.
Buyer beware of auto insurance advertising tricks
Drivers can’t avoid all the ads for auto insurance savings from the likes of State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. They all try to convey promises that you can save after switching your coverage to them.
How can each company charge lower premium rates? It’s all in the words they use.
Auto insurance companies have underwriting criteria for the type of driver that earns them a profit. One example of this type of driver may be between the ages of 40 and 55, has a low-risk occupation, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. A driver who matches those parameters will probably get cheap rates and will most likely save quite a bit of money when switching.
People who do not match those criteria will probably have to pay higher premiums with the end result being the prospect going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save that much money. That’s the way companies can truthfully make those statements. Because of this risk profiling, it is so important to compare free insurance coverage quotes often. It’s just too difficult to predict the company that will provide you with the cheapest premium rates.
Find discounts to get cheap insurance quotes
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might already qualify for some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be asked about prior to receiving the credit. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates as opposed to policyholders that have many claims.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Have your child take driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Good Students Pay Less – Excelling in school can save 20 to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Pay Early and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of paying each month you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Driver Safety – Passing a course that instructs on driving safety could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply the whole policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm has savings for accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, multiple autos, and driver’s education.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for hybrid vehicle, safety features, good student, new move discount, multi-policy, multi-car, and exclusive group savings.
- American Family offers discounts including bundled insurance, good student, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, Steer into Savings, and TimeAway discount.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include distant student, business and professional, switch companies, early shopping, good student, bundle discounts, and homeowner.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for safe vehicle, paperless, anti-theft, multiple vehicles, safe driver, and air bags.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include homeowner, anti-theft, multi-car, bundle discounts, safe driver, teen safety rewards, and drive less.
If you want inexpensive insurance coverage quotes, ask each company what discounts are available to you. A few discounts may not be available in your area. For a list of insurers with discount rates, click this link.
Tailor your insurance coverage coverage to you
When choosing coverage for your vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in my state?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class to commute?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Auto insurance 101
Having a good grasp of car insurance can help you determine the best coverages for your vehicles. Car insurance terms can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for short-term medical expenses for things like dental work, surgery and pain medications. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to you and your occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
This coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as theft, hitting a deer, hitting a bird, fire damage and falling objects. The highest amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
This provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show values of 100/300/100 which stand for $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things such as repair costs for stationary objects, emergency aid, structural damage and court costs. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Collision coverage covers damage to your GLC-Class resulting from a collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as hitting a parking meter, damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a building, driving through your garage door and backing into a parked car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Best coverage at the best price
A few companies may not offer internet price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies. The cheapest 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class insurance can be sourced on the web and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, delays in responding to claim requests, unfair underwriting practices or even being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason, switching companies can be pretty painless.
When searching for low cost insurance coverage quotes, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut collision coverage only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price.
Use our FREE quote tool to compare insurance rates now.
Additional information is available at these links:
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area