2017 Subaru WRX Insurance Cost
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Scraping up a payment for expensive Subaru WRX insurance can diminish your bank account and require stricter spending habits. Comparing cost estimates is a fast and free way to tighten up your finances.
Consumers have many insurance companies to choose from, and even though it’s nice to have multiple companies, it can be more challenging to find the lowest cost provider.
Consumers need to quote other rates before your policy renews because rates fluctuate regularly. Just because you had the lowest premium rates on WRX coverage on your last policy other companies may now be cheaper. You can find a lot of wrong information about insurance coverage on the web, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some good information on how to lower your insurance coverage bill.
The purpose of this article is to introduce you to the most effective way to find low 2017 Subaru WRX insurance cost and some tips to save money. If you have car insurance now, you will most likely be able to reduce your rates substantially using these techniques. Drivers only need to know the most efficient way to shop for car insurance over the internet.
The best way we recommend to get rate comparisons is to know the trick auto insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to provide you with a free rate quote. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information including how old drivers are, how much you drive, if you have an active license, and how your vehicles are used. That rating information is automatically sent to multiple companies and they return cost estimate quickly.
Discount Insurance Quotes
Insurance can be pricey, but you might be missing out on some discounts to help offset the cost. A few discounts will automatically apply when you quote, but occassionally some discounts must be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up before driving can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them complete a driver education course in school.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more on WRX coverage as compared to drivers with claims.
- E-sign Discounts – A handful of insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner can save you money since owning and maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents pay less in comparison with drivers with a long claim history.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Insuring multiple cars on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Government Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government could provide a small rate reduction on WRX coverage with certain companies.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
Larger insurance companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers discounts including driver’s education, good driver, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, student away at school, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO discounts include multi-policy, five-year accident-free, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, driver training, and military active duty.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discounts, continuous coverage, online signing, good student, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- 21st Century has savings for early birds, teen drivers, driver training, student driver, airbags, and anti-lock brakes.
- American Family has discounts for air bags, Steer into Savings, good driver, defensive driver, TimeAway discount, accident-free, and bundled insurance.
- The Hartford includes discounts for vehicle fuel type, bundle, anti-theft, good student, air bag, driver training, and defensive driver.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including education and occupation, good driver, good student, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, anti-theft, and multi-car.
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in your area. To see companies who offer online insurance quotes, click here to view.
Tailor Your Insurance Coverage To You
When it comes to choosing the best insurance coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in my state?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Is my 2017 Subaru WRX covered for smoke damage?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete the form above to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Save Money With These Tips
Multiple criteria are used when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, although others are less apparent like your vehicle usage or your commute time.An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that help calculate car insurance rates. When you understand what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with cheaper rates.
- Marriage is a good thing – Having a significant other can get you a discount on your policy. Having a spouse usually means you are more mature and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Car and home together may be cheaper – Most major companies apply discounts to clients that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to as much as ten percent or more Even though this discount sounds good, consumers should still compare other insurance prices to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Younger driver insurance rates – Older, more experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Drivers with little experience have been known to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving so car insurance rates are higher.
- Obey driving laws and save – Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than their less careful counterparts. Just one ticket may cause rates to rise to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who have received flagrant tickets like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to complete an SR-22 with their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Defend yourself with liability coverage – The liability coverage on your policy is the protection if you are ruled to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. This coverage provides legal defense coverage to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Insurance rates in urban areas – Having an address in small towns and rural areas has it’s advantages when insuring your vehicles. A lower population means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to fewer liability claims. Urban drivers have to deal with more aggressive driving styles and longer commute times. The longer drive time translates into a higher accident risk.
- A car insurance policy lapse can increase premiums – Driving your car without having proper coverage is illegal and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance lapse. In addition to paying higher premiums, being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Higher car insurance rates for tough employers – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Jobs like military personnel, architects and financial analysts are shown to have higher average rates in part from job stress and incredibly demanding work hours. On the flip side, jobs such as professors, students and performers generally pay rates lower than average on WRX coverage.
Drivers get pounded daily by advertisements for cheaper insurance coverage by State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. All the ads have a common claim that you’ll save big just by switching your coverage.
But how can every company make the same claim? It’s all in the words they use.
All the different companies have a preferred profile for the type of insured that earns them the most money. For example, a profitable customer could possibly be over the age of 45, has no prior claims, and has a high credit rating. Any driver who matches those parameters will probably get the lowest premium rates and will also save when they switch companies.
Potential customers who may not quite match those standards will get a more expensive rate and this can result in the prospect going elsewhere. The ads say “drivers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much when switching. That’s the way insurance companies can claim big savings.
Because of the profiling, you absolutely need to get as many free insurance quotes as possible. It is impossible to guess the company that will give you lower car insurance rates than your current company.
Auto Insurance 101
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are the usual coverages available from insurance companies.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Usually, the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liability limits.
Comprehensive protection – This coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as hitting a bird, rock chips in glass and hail damage. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Auto liability insurance – Liability coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as bail bonds, funeral expenses and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Medical expense coverage – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for immediate expenses such as doctor visits, X-ray expenses, ambulance fees and pain medications. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision – Collision coverage covers damage to your WRX resulting from a collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things such as crashing into a ditch, hitting a mailbox and damaging your car on a curb. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Better Coverage You Can Count On
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to lower your 2017 Subaru WRX insurance auto insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more you quote insurance, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers could even find that the best auto insurance rates are with a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Cheaper 2017 Subaru WRX insurance is possible online as well as from independent agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some car insurance companies do not provide internet price quotes and most of the time these smaller providers work with local independent agencies.
More detailed car insurance information can be found by following these links:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area