Cheapest 2015 Subaru WRX Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 27, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
If shopping for insurance online is new to you, it’s easy to be confused by the hoards of online companies vying for business.
It’s a good habit to get comparison quotes yearly since rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you had the lowest rates on WRX coverage two years ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. So ignore everything you know about insurance because I’m going to teach you one of the quickest ways to find lower rates on insurance.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you currently have car insurance, you should be able to lower your premiums substantially using these techniques. Although consumers do need to understand the methods companies use to compete online and apply this information when searching for affordable 2015 Subaru WRX car insurance cost.
Take Discounts and Save
Car insurance companies don’t list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down some of the more common and the more hidden insurance savings.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break when buying insurance on WRX coverage.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- No Charge for an Accident – A few companies will allow you to have one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- E-sign – A handful of insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy digitally online.
- Student in College – Kids in college living away from home attending college and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Insurance companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
- Farm Bureau
- State Farm
Double check with all companies you are considering how you can save money. Discounts might not apply in every state.
Why your Subaru WRX insurance rates may be high?
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that play a part in calculating auto insurance rates. Knowing what influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with lower auto insurance prices.
Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine rates.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder car theft.
- Tickets mean higher rates – Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Just one speeding ticket can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who get severe violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Pay less after the wedding – Having a spouse can actually save you money on your auto insurance policy. Having a significant other usually means you are more responsible and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Living in less populated areas can be a good thing when buying auto insurance. Urban drivers regularly have much more traffic and longer commute times. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents.
- Small claims can cost you – Auto insurance companies generally give better rates to insureds who do not file claims often. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Your insurance policy is designed for the large, substantial claims.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – The higher the mileage driven in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. Most insurance companies rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Having the wrong rating on your WRX can result in significantly higher rates. Ask your agent if your auto insurance declarations sheet properly reflects the correct usage for each vehicle.
- Protect yourself with liability coverage – Your policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that you are found to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
- Always keep insurance in force – Driving without insurance is against the law and auto insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage have a gap. Not only will rates go up, but failure to provide proof of insurance can also result in a revoked license or a big fine. You may need to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with your state motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When buying coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent.
What car insurance coverage options are available for a 2015 Subaru WRX?
Knowing the specifics of a car insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your WRX from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims like colliding with a tree, colliding with another moving vehicle, backing into a parked car and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to bring the 2015 WRX insurance cost down.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Subaru WRX.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
This provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property in an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 50/100/50 that translate to a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers things such as structural damage, attorney fees, loss of income and pain and suffering. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for short-term medical expenses like funeral costs, ambulance fees and surgery. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. They cover you and your occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as hitting a bird, damage from flooding, fire damage, vandalism and rock chips in glass. The maximum payout a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
A Fool and His Money Are Soon Parted
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy non-renewal, being labeled a high risk driver and high prices. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Cheap 2015 Subaru WRX insurance can be purchased both online as well as from independent agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some car insurance companies don’t offer online quoting and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
While you’re price shopping online, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate.
To read more, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area