Cheapest 2017 Dodge Challenger Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 11, 2019
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for lower car insurance rates for your Dodge Challenger? Locating low-cost insurance for your Dodge Challenger could be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our car insurance buying tips and make it easy.
There are both good and bad ways to compare car insurance rates so you’re going to learn the proper way to compare rates for your Dodge and find the lowest price either online or from local insurance agents.
It’s a good idea to get comparison quotes as often as possible because car insurance prices change frequently. Just because you found the best price for Challenger insurance two years ago there may be better deals available now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re about to learn the tricks you need to know to get good coverage at a lower rate.
Components of your Dodge Challenger insurance premiums
Lots of things are used when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or how financially stable you are.
- Tickets hurt – Getting just one ticket can increase the cost of insurance twenty percent or more. Drivers with clean records receive lower rates compared to bad drivers. Drivers who have gotten license-revoking violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Guys tend to take more risk – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean females are better drivers. Men and women cause auto accidents at a similar rate, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. In addition to higher claims, males also have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving.
- Annual mileage and car insurance premiums – Driving a lot of miles annually the more you’ll pay to insure it. Most companies charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars used primarily for pleasure use receive lower rates than those that get driven frequently. Having the wrong rating on your Challenger can cost quite a bit. Verify your car insurance coverage is showing the correct driver usage.
- A good credit history can save money – A driver’s credit rating factor in determining what you pay. If your credit is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your 2017 Dodge Challenger by repairing your credit. Drivers who have high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have bad credit.
- Occupation impacts prices – Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Careers such as judgesair traffic controllers and emergency personnel usually pay higher rates than average in part from intense work requirements and long work hours. Conversely, jobs such as professors, athletes and performers get better rates for Challenger insurance.
- Only buy coverage you need – Policies have extra coverages you can purchase on your car insurance policy. Coverages for replacement cost coverage, accidental death, and motor club memberships could be just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so remove them and pocket the money.
- Buy as much liability as you can afford – Your policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage if ever a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Do safer cars cost less to insure? – Cars with five star safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and reduced instances of injuries means less claims paid and lower rates for you. If your Dodge scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it is probably cheaper to insure.
Save money by taking advantage of discounts
Some companies don’t always advertise every disount available very well, so the following list contains a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you. If you do not double check each discount available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Smart Student Discounts – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Driver Training Discounts – Participating in a defensive driving class could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles may allow you to get discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- No Claim Discounts – Claim-free drivers get the best insurance rates in comparison with drivers who are more careless.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less for Challenger insurance than less cautious drivers.
- Drivers Education – Teen drivers should successfully complete driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house may trigger a policy discount on insurance because maintaining a house requires a higher level of personal finance.
As is typical with insurance, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
To view insurers with the best discounts, click this link.
Car insurance myths debunked
Consumers can’t avoid all the ads that claim the lowest prices by Allstate and Progressive. All the companies tend to make the same promise about saving some big amount if you change to their company.
Is it even possible that every company can sell you cheaper insurance coverage? Here is the trick they use.
Insurance companies have specific guidelines for the type of driver that earns them the most money. For example, this type of risk profile might have to be over the age of 35, insures multiple vehicles, and drives a lower-performance vehicle. Anyone who matches that profile is entitled to the best price and will probably save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential customers who may not quite match this stringent profile will get higher rates and ends up with the customer buying from a different company. If you listen closely, the ads state “drivers that switch” not “everyone who quotes” save that kind of money. That’s the way insurance companies can lure you into getting a quote.
Because of this risk profiling, it is so important to compare many company’s premium rates. It is impossible to predict the company that will have the lowest rates.
How much car insurance do I need?
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
What insurance coverages do you need?
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage pays for damage to your Challenger resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as colliding with a tree, sustaining damage from a pot hole and hitting a mailbox. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Liability car insurance – Liability insurance can cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property that is your fault. It protects YOU against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers things such as medical expenses, funeral expenses, bail bonds and court costs. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Dodge Challenger.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Comprehensive coverage – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like vandalism, hitting a bird, damage from flooding, falling objects and fire damage. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for things like prosthetic devices, X-ray expenses and EMT expenses. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Save for a rainy day
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to compare 2017 Dodge Challenger insurance rates online. The key thing to remember is the more you quote auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
Cheaper 2017 Dodge Challenger insurance can be bought from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so get free auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. Some companies do not offer rates over the internet and usually these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agencies.
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, denial of a claim, policy cancellation and even being labeled a high risk driver. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is not as hard as you think.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area