Cheapest 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 3, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for the cheapest car insurance rates for your Jeep Grand Cherokee? Are you tired of sacrificing to keep your car insured? You are in the same boat as many other consumers. With so many choices, it can be hard to locate the best company.
Smart consumers take time to check car insurance prices yearly because car insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you think you had the lowest premium rates for Grand Cherokee insurance a couple years back there is a good chance you can find better prices now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re about to learn the fastest way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Shopping for more affordable protection can be fairly easy. If you have a current insurance coverage policy or are looking for a new policy, you can use these techniques to cut your premiums and possibly find even better coverage. Drivers only need an understanding of the most efficient way to compare company rates online.
Insurance policy discounts
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available that may help make it more affordable. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested before you will receive the discount. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- Driver’s Ed – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers complete a driver education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Data Collection Discounts – Policyholders that allow companies to analyze driving patterns by installing a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might see lower rates as long as the data is positive.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a class that teaches defensive driving techniques could save 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Mature drivers may qualify for better insurance rates for Grand Cherokee insurance.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their insurance quote for Grand Cherokee insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not really a discount, but certain companies will let one accident slide without the usual rate increase so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you combine your auto and home insurance and insure them with the same company you may earn at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
If you would like to see a list of providers offering insurance discounts, click this link.
Insurance quotes comparison
Reducing your 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance rates is actually easier than you may think. All you need to do is invest a little time comparing price quotes from some recommended companies. Shoppers can get rates using a couple different methods.
- Without a doubt, the easiest way to get quotes for comparison would be an industry-wide quote request form click to view form in new window. This easy form prevents you from having to do separate quote forms for every prospective company. Completing one form will get you rate comparisons instantly.
- A less efficient way to get comparison quotes is to manually visit each individual company website and get a separate price quote. For instance, we’ll pretend you want rates from Progressive, 21st Century and Allstate. To get each rate you have to take the time to go to each site to enter your coverage information, which can take a lot of time. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
You can choose any of those ways to find more affodable coverage, but compare identical coverage limits for each price quote. If you enter mixed coverages it will be impossible to determine which company has the best rates.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions may help you determine whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Who is covered when they drive my 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Big names are not always cheapest
Drivers can’t get away from ads that claim the lowest premium rates by companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. They all seem to make the promise that drivers can save some big amount after switching your coverage.
How does each company sell you cheaper insurance coverage? Here is the trick they use.
All the different companies give the cheapest rates for the driver they prefer to insure. A good example of this type of risk profile might be described as a female over age 40, has a low-risk occupation, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A driver who meets those qualifications may get the lowest car insurance rates and will also save quite a bit of money when switching.
Insureds who fall short of these criteria will probably be forced to pay higher rates and this results in the customer buying from someone else. If you pay attention, the ads say “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” will save that much if they switch. That is how insurance companies can state the savings.
This really illustrates why you should get as many free insurance quotes as possible. It is just not possible to predict which insurance companies will have the best prices.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Understanding the coverages of insurance helps when choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find typical coverages available from insurance companies.
Insurance for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for immediate expenses for prosthetic devices, EMT expenses, hospital visits, X-ray expenses and chiropractic care. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Jeep Grand Cherokee.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Usually these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like hail damage, fire damage, damage from flooding, vandalism and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Auto liability insurance
This will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property that is your fault. It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 bodily injury coverage, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for things like court costs, legal defense fees, medical services and bail bonds. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Grand Cherokee caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things like backing into a parked car, scraping a guard rail, colliding with another moving vehicle and crashing into a ditch. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
A penny earned…
Lower-priced 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance can be purchased from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who do not provide internet price quotes and usually these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
We just presented many ideas to lower your 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance premium rates. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest insurance. You may be surprised to find that the best premium rates are with the smaller companies. Regional companies can often provide lower prices in certain areas compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area