Cheapest 2016 Buick Encore Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find cheaper insurance rates for your Buick Encore? If you’ve never shopped for insurance coverage quotes online, you may be overwhelmed by the large number of online insurance companies and websites that all say they have the best rates.
You need to compare rates as often as possible because insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you had the best deal for Encore coverage two years ago a different company probably has better rates today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you’re about to learn the fastest and easiest way to lower your annual insurance bill.
Smart buyers save money
Many factors are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are less apparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that help determine car insurance rates. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find lower premium levels.
- Job and insurance rates – Careers such as doctors, executives and financial analysts are shown to have higher rates than the rest of us because of stressful work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, careers like scientists, athletes and retirees have lower than average premiums for Encore coverage.
- Male prices may be higher – Statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. They both tend to get into accidents in similar numbers, but males have accidents that have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men get cited for more serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Single vs. married – Having a spouse may cut your premiums when shopping for car insurance. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- How’s your driving record? – Good drivers have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. Just one ticket can increase rates forty percent or more. Drivers who get severe citations like DUI or reckless driving may find they need to maintain a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- How old are your drivers? – Drivers with little experience are statistically proven to be more careless behind the wheel so car insurance rates are higher. More mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, statistically cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations.
The method we recommend to compare car insurance company rates is to realize most of the bigger providers participate in online systems to give rate comparisons. All consumers are required to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details such as if the vehicle is leased, how you use your vehicles, your education level, and your job. Those rating factors is submitted instantly to insurance carriers in your area and you receive quotes within a short period of time.
To compare multiple company rates now, click here and complete the quick form.
The largest companies are not always cheapest
State Farm, Allstate and GEICO endlessly run television, radio, and online ads. All the companies advertise the message of big savings if you switch to their company. How is it plausible that every one can have lower policy pricing? It’s all in the wording.
Companies give the best rates for the type of driver that will be a good risk. For instance, a profitable insured may be over the age of 40, owns a home, and drives newer vehicles. Any person that matches those criteria may get the lowest rates and therefore will save if they switch.
Consumers who don’t meet these standards may receive more expensive rates which results in the customer not buying. Company advertisements say “customers who switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” will save that much if they switch. That’s why companies can truthfully make claims like that.
Each company has different criteria, so you really need to do a price quote comparison at every renewal. You cannot predict which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest prices.
Reduce your auto insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there may be some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some discounts apply automatically when you get a quote, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home can save a few bucks because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers can possibly qualify for reduced rates for Encore coverage.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote insurance coverage for Encore coverage with select insurance companies.
- Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies allow discounts for signing up before your current policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates on your next auto insurance statement.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
One last thing about discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
Car insurance companies that may have these money-saving discounts include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. To locate insurers that offer some of these discounts, click this link.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
You are unique and your insurance coverage should be too
When it comes to choosing the best insurance coverage coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether you might need professional guidance.
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Auto insurance coverage considerations
Having a good grasp of your policy can be of help when determining the best coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Medical expense coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses such as prosthetic devices, EMT expenses and X-ray expenses. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover you and your occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Coverage for collisions
This coverage covers damage to your Encore resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things such as hitting a mailbox, driving through your garage door and colliding with a tree. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
This coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 100/300/100 that means you have $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical services and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, a broken windshield and hitting a deer. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your 2016 Buick Encore.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
At the end of the day…
As you quote insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where someone dropped full coverage only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, lack of trust in their agent, denial of a claim and high prices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies is less work than it seems.
We’ve covered many tips how you can shop for 2016 Buick Encore insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper insurance coverage. You may even discover the lowest premium rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area