Compare 2015 Nissan Rogue Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 11, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Buyers have lots of choices when searching for low-cost Nissan Rogue insurance. You can either waste hours contacting agents getting price quotes or save time using the internet to find the lowest rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for car insurance so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to quote coverages for your Nissan and locate the cheapest rates.
It’s a great practice to compare prices yearly because rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you had the lowest price for Rogue coverage two years ago a different company probably has better rates today. You can find a lot of wrong information about car insurance online but with this article, you’re going to get some proven techniques to find cheap car insurance.
The purpose of this post is to let you in on how to effectively get price quotes and some tips to save money. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will most likely be able to reduce your rates substantially using this information. Drivers just need to know the proper methods to get comparison rates online.
Discounts are basically free money
Car insurance can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at quote time, but some must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having multiple cars or trucks on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Organization Discounts – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization could qualify you for a break on your policy for Rogue coverage.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you may earn up to 20% off your total premium.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply the whole policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any amount of discount will help reduce your overall premium however.
Why you might be paying too much to insure your Nissan Rogue
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that help determine your insurance coverage rates. Understanding what influences your rates enables informed choices that may reward you with big savings.
The following are a few of the “ingredients” insurance coverage companies consider when setting rates.
- Being married can save on insurance coverage – Getting married helps lower the price on your policy. Having a significant other is viewed as being more mature it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Males pay more for insurance – The statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Both sexes have accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species cause more damage. Men also tend to get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are the most expensive to insure and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Safer occupants lowers premiums – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders. If the Nissan Rogue is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you are probably receiving a discount.
- Tickets mean higher rates – A bad driving record has a big impact on rates. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. Just one moving violation may increase your cost by twenty percent. If you have dangerous violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to submit a SR-22 form with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
Which insurance is the “right” coverage?
When buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions might point out if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- Who is covered when they drive my 2015 Nissan Rogue?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in my state?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2015 Nissan Rogue is totaled?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
The insurance coverage bait and switch
Consumers can’t get away from ads that promise big savings by Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. All the companies say the same thing of big savings if you change to their company.
How can each company claim to save you money? This is how they do it.
All companies can use profiling for the right customer they prefer to insure. For instance, a profitable customer might be a mature driver, a clean driving record, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Any new insured who fits that profile receives the best rates and is almost guaranteed to save when they switch companies.
Drivers who don’t measure up to the “perfect” profile will have to pay a higher premium which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “customers that switch” not “people who quote” save that much. That’s the way insurance companies can advertise the way they do.
Because of the profiling, you should compare as many rates as you can. You cannot predict which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings on Nissan Rogue insurance.
Auto insurance coverages
Understanding the coverages of a car insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Coverage for medical payments – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for immediate expenses for things like ambulance fees, prosthetic devices, X-ray expenses and funeral costs. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – This protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Liability insurance – Liability insurance will cover damage that occurs to other people or property. It protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see limits of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for things like pain and suffering, bail bonds and medical services. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive coverages – This pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from getting keyed, hitting a bird, a broken windshield and vandalism. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage pays for damage to your Rogue from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as colliding with a tree, hitting a mailbox, sideswiping another vehicle, backing into a parked car and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Don’t break the bank
Cheap 2015 Nissan Rogue insurance can be purchased on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers may not provide online price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to reduce insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, drivers have reduced full coverage only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
To read more, link through to the resources below:
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area