Cheapest 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
No one in their right mind cherishes buying insurance coverage, in particular when the cost is too high. With consumers having so many choices of insurance companies, it’s difficult to find the most affordable car insurance company.
Consumers should take time to price shop coverage once or twice a year since insurance rates are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you had the best rates for SilveradoHD coverage last year you can probably find a better price now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance coverage because you’re about to find out the proper way to find better coverage at a better price.
Don’t miss these discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but discounts can save money and there are some available to cut the cost considerably. Some discounts apply automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested in order for you to get them. If you don’t get every credit available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers may qualify for a small decrease in premiums for SilveradoHD coverage.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less compared to frequent claim filers.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- E-sign – A handful of insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up online.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts will cut the cost of coverage.
For a list of insurers with discount auto insurance rates, click here.
Some factors that can determine what Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance costs
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to big savings.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – Some insurance companies will award you with lower prices to customers who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it’s in your best interest to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Pleasure use or commuting – The more you drive every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. Ask your agent if your auto insurance policy shows the correct driver usage, because it can save money. Incorrect usage on your Silverado 2500HD may be costing you.
- Never let your coverage lapse – Driving without insurance is against the law and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.You may have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with your state motor vehicle department.
- Traffic violations increase rates – A bad driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Just one speeding ticket can bump up the cost forty percent or more. If you have flagrant violations like DUI or reckless driving may find they need to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
- Men pay higher rates – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men cause accidents at a similar rate, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically receive more costly citations such as reckless driving.
- Add-on coverages can add up – There are a ton of add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your Silverado 2500HD policy. Things like roadside assistance, accidental death and additional equipment coverage are some examples. They may seem like a good idea when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
- Frequent auto insurance claims increase rates – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect higher rates. Insurance companies award cheaper rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Credit scores impact auto insurance rates – Your credit score is a important factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Drivers with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have lower credit scores. Therefore, if your credit score is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD by improving your rating.
When might I need help?
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Is there truth in advertising?
Consumers constantly see and hear ads that promise big savings from the likes of Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. They all make an identical promise that you can save if you switch your coverage to them.
How does each company claim to save you money? It’s all in the numbers.
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the right customer that makes them money. For example, a driver they prefer could possibly be a mature driver, is a homeowner, and drives newer vehicles. A driver who matches those parameters is entitled to the best price and as a result will probably pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential customers who don’t measure up to the requirements will be quoted a more expensive rate which leads to business going elsewhere. The ads state “drivers who switch” not “people who quote” save that much money. This is how insurance companies can advertise the way they do.
This emphasizes why you absolutely need to get quotes from several different companies. It’s not possible to predict which auto insurance company will provide you with the cheapest Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance rates.
Auto insurance policy coverages for a 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
Understanding the coverages of auto insurance can be of help when determining the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find the normal coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like fire damage, damage from getting keyed, a broken windshield and hail damage. The most your auto insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Normally the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
This covers damage to your Silverado 2500HD resulting from a collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things such as backing into a parked car, driving through your garage door, colliding with another moving vehicle and hitting a parking meter. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical expense insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for things like prosthetic devices, EMT expenses, doctor visits, hospital visits and rehabilitation expenses. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Liability coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people in an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 50/100/50 which stand for a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers claims like loss of income, attorney fees and bail bonds. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Saving money makes a lot of cents
When shopping online for car insurance, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed collision coverage to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
You just learned some good ideas how you can compare 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in Lexington? (InsureLexington.com)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area