How Much Does 2015 Acura ILX Car Insurance Cost?
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 3, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Price shopping your auto insurance is always hard for beginners to comparison shopping online. There are so many choices that it can quickly become a real hassle to locate the lowest price.
You should take the time to price shop coverage periodically since rates go up and down regularly. Just because you found the best rates on ILX coverage a year ago you can probably find a lower rate today. So just block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because we’re going to show you how to use the internet to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is quite easy. If you have car insurance now, you should be able to cut costs considerably using this strategy. But consumers can benefit from knowing how big insurance companies market insurance on the web.
Pieces of the Acura ILX insurance rate puzzle
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that help determine the price you pay for insurance coverage. Understanding what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in lower insurance coverage prices.
The following are some of the factors used by your company to calculate premiums.
- Pleasure use or commuting – The more you drive in a year the higher your rate. Most companies price each vehicle’s coverage determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles left parked in the garage can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. Make sure your insurance coverage policy is showing the correct driver usage, because it can save money. If your policy improperly rates your ILX can result in significantly higher rates.
- Males pay more for insurance – Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. They both have accidents at about the same rate, but the males have costlier accidents. They also get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and are penalized with high insurance coverage rates.
- Extra add-on coverages are wasting money – There are many additional coverages that you can buy on your ILX policy. Coverages like vanishing deductibles, towing coverage and motor club memberships are some examples. They may seem like a good idea initially, but if you don’t need them get rid of them and save.
- Older drivers save more – Youthful drivers are known to be less responsible in a vehicle so they pay higher insurance coverage rates. Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- Better credit scores mean better rates – Credit score is a big factor in determining your rates. If your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your 2015 Acura ILX by repairing your credit. People with good credit tend to be more responsible than drivers with poor credit.
Take discounts and save
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list all available discounts very clearly, so we took the time to find some of the more common and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using.
- One Accident Forgiven – Some insurance companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a course teaching defensive driving skills can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new car can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching policies prior to your current policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think you could get a free auto insurance policy, you’re out of luck.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to buying the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions can help discover whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Does my 2015 Acura ILX qualify for pleasure use?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
What insurance coverages do you need?
Knowing the specifics of insurance helps when choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Coverage for medical payments – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for bills for things like funeral costs, hospital visits and chiropractic care. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverage – This coverage pays for damage to your ILX resulting from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things like sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a mailbox, crashing into a ditch and colliding with a tree. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Acura ILX.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Liability – Liability insurance provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability insurance covers claims like structural damage, legal defense fees and bail bonds. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Comprehensive coverages – Comprehensive insurance pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like damage from getting keyed, hitting a bird and hitting a deer. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Buy online or local, you save
Low-cost 2015 Acura ILX insurance can be found from both online companies and with local insurance agents, so compare prices from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers do not offer online quoting and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, not issuing a premium refund, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and policy cancellation. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company can be pretty painless.
We’ve covered a lot of information how to compare insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the lowest premiums are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Additional detailed information is located in these articles:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area