Cheapest 2014 Toyota RAV4 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 29, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for low-cost auto insurance online can seem to be difficult for people who are new to shopping for insurance online. With dozens of online companies, how can consumers have a chance to compare the different rates to find the lowest price available?
It’s smart to take a look at other company’s rates yearly due to the fact that insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you think you had the best price on RAV4 insurance two years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. So just ignore everything you know about auto insurance because we’re going to show you one of the best ways to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Take advantage of discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise every discount very well, so the following is a list of both the well known as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new car can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Student in College – Kids in college who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Multiple Cars – Having all your vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Insurance companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts include:
- State Farm
- 21st Century
- The Hartford
Before buying, ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. Discounts might not apply in your area.
How to know if you need help
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Is my 2014 Toyota RAV4 covered for flood damage?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- What is PIP insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent.
Insurance policy coverages for a Toyota RAV4
Learning about specific coverages of insurance helps when choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage gives you protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
This coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like damage from a tornado or hurricane, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, fire damage and hail damage. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people in an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see values of 25/50/25 that means you have a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like bail bonds, funeral expenses and medical services. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Coverage for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for doctor visits, X-ray expenses and funeral costs. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Auto collision coverage
This will pay to fix damage to your RAV4 resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as hitting a mailbox, scraping a guard rail and backing into a parked car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
More quotes mean more savings
Insureds leave their current company for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, high rates after DUI convictions, poor customer service and even policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford.
We just presented many ways to reduce 2014 Toyota RAV4 insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may be surprised to find that the lowest premiums are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
To learn more, take a look at the resources below:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area