Cheapest 2014 Scion FR-S Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 18, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Tired of trying to scrape together enough money to insure your Scion every month? Your situation is no different than millions of other consumers. Big-name insurance companies like Allstate and Progressive all promote huge savings with TV and radio ads and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the propoganda and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be available discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but some must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings. If you don’t get every credit available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house may trigger a auto insurance policy discount because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better rates.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for all your vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with a substantially lower rate.
- Accident Waiver – A handful of insurance companies permit an accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount will bring down your overall premium however.
A partial list of companies who might offer these discounts are:
- Farmers Insurance
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
Check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. Savings might not be offered in every state.
Why you might be paying too much to insure your Scion FR-S
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that come into play when calculating your insurance coverage rates. Understanding what determines base rates enables informed choices that may reward you with better insurance coverage rates.
The list below includes some of the items insurance coverage companies consider when setting rates.
- With age comes lower rates – More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and get fewer tickets. Teenage drivers tend to be careless and easily distracted when driving and because of this, their insurance coverage rates are much higher.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – The more you drive each year the higher your rates will be. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Having the wrong rating on your FR-S may be wasting your money. Double check that your insurance coverage policy shows the correct driver usage, because it can save money.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you. If your Scion scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
- An active claims history can cost you – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance companies give discounts to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Car insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Theft deterrents lower rates – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your insurance coverage. Theft prevention features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all hinder car theft.
- Adjust deductibles and save – Physical damage insurance, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your Scion. Some instances where coverage would apply would be colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, and burglary. Physical damage deductibles are how much you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be for FR-S coverage.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When it comes to buying coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions could help you determine whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Drivers get pounded daily by advertisements for cheaper car insurance from companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. They all seem to make an identical promise that you can save if you move your policy.
How do they all say the same thing? This is how they do it.
Different companies have a preferred profile for the right customer they prefer to insure. For instance, a desirable insured might be profiled as over the age of 40, has no tickets, and drives newer vehicles. A propective insured who fits that profile will get the preferred rates and most likely will save when they switch companies.
Drivers who don’t measure up to the “perfect” profile will have to pay more money which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. The ad wording is “drivers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently advertise the way they do.
Because of the profiling, you need to get as many comparisons as possible. Because you never know which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest Scion FR-S insurance rates.
Insurance coverage considerations
Understanding the coverages of a insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find the normal coverages found on the average insurance policy.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like rock chips in glass, damage from flooding and hail damage. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This can cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property in an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 50/100/50 that means you have $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for claims like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, repair costs for stationary objects and bail bonds. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Scion FR-S.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Normally these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance pays for damage to your FR-S resulting from a collision with another car or object. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims like damaging your car on a curb, backing into a parked car and colliding with a tree. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Coverage for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for things like funeral costs, doctor visits, EMT expenses, prosthetic devices and ambulance fees. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Be a penny pincher
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage and learned later that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Budget-conscious 2014 Scion FR-S insurance is available online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. A few companies may not provide online quoting and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
Even more information is located in the articles below:
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area