Cheapest 2014 MINI Cooper Countryman Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Nobody looks forward to paying for insurance, particularly when they are paying too much. Many insurers vie for your hard-earned dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to find the lowest price
If you have a current auto insurance policy or need new coverage, you will benefit by learning to find better prices and possibly find even better coverage. Choosing the best insurance company for you is easy if you know what you’re doing. Drivers just need to understand how to buy auto insurance over the internet.
Cut prices on MINI Cooper Countryman insurance
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you can get discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some discounts apply automatically when you quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about before you will receive the discount. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Safe Driver Discount – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less for Cooper Countryman coverage than their less cautious counterparts.
- Paperwork-free – Some insurance companies will give a small break for buying your policy on their website.
- Accident Waiver – A handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for better insurance rates for Cooper Countryman coverage.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But any discount will bring down your overall premium however.
Companies who might offer some of the above discounts include:
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
Check with all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Savings may not apply in your area.
Why your MINI Cooper Countryman might be costing you more
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for insurance. Understanding what impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to better insurance rates.
The list below includes some of the items companies use to determine prices.
- Theft deterrents lower rates – Choosing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can get you a discount on your insurance. Anti-theft devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart car theft.
- Liability insurance protects assets – The liability section of your policy will protect you when a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Never go without insurance – Not having insurance can get your license suspended and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage lapse. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you a license revocation or jail time.Then you may be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with your state motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Being married can save on insurance – Having a wife or husband helps lower the price on insurance. Marriage usually means you are more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
- Higher deductibles cost less – Physical damage coverage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your MINI. Some instances where coverage would apply are a windshield shattered by a rock, damage caused by hail, or theft. The deductibles are how much you are required to spend in the event of a claim. The more you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance for Cooper Countryman coverage.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions can help discover whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Does my 2014 MINI Cooper Countryman qualify for pleasure use?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2014 MINI Cooper Countryman is totaled?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Car insurance policy specifics
Learning about specific coverages of car insurance can help you determine the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find the usual coverages offered by car insurance companies.
This gives you protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your 2014 MINI Cooper Countryman.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Frequently these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as hitting a bird, vandalism, damage from getting keyed and theft. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to other’s property or people in an accident. It protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 50/100/50 which means a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, loss of income and repair costs for stationary objects. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Collision coverage protection
This covers damage to your Cooper Countryman from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims like crashing into a ditch, sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with a tree, scraping a guard rail and damaging your car on a curb. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical costs insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for bills for things like rehabilitation expenses, ambulance fees, prosthetic devices and funeral costs. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Be a smart shopper
Low-cost 2014 MINI Cooper Countryman insurance can be bought both online and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not provide online price quotes and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price.
You just learned some good ideas how to save on insurance. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier. They can often provide lower rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
Additional auto insurance information is available on the following sites:
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area