Cheapest 2014 Kia Optima Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 30, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find the cheapest auto insurance rates for your Kia Optima? Comparison shopping for auto insurance can be difficult for beginners to buying insurance online. There are so many options available that it can turn into more work than you anticipated to compare prices.
You should take the time to shop coverage around before your policy renews because prices change frequently. If you had the best rates on Optima coverage last year you will most likely find a better rate today. Starting now, forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the best methods to find lower rates on auto insurance.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is not rocket science. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to lower your premiums substantially using these tips. But car owners do need to understand the methods companies use to market on the web.
Compare Car Insurance Costs
All major car insurance companies allow you to get prices for coverage on their websites. Getting online quotes is pretty easy as you simply type in the coverage amounts you desire into the quote form. Once entered, their system gets reports for credit and driving violations and gives you a price quote based on these and other factors.
Quoting online makes it a lot easier to compare rates but the process of having to visit different websites and type in the same information is monotonous and tiresome. But it’s very important to get many rate quotes in order to get a better rate.
An easier way to find cheaper rates utilizes a single form to obtain quotes from more than one company. The form is fast, requires much less work on your part, and makes online price comparison much easier to do. Immediately after submitting the form, it is rated with multiple companies and you can pick your choice of the quote results. If you find a better price you can simply submit the application and purchase the new policy. It can be completed in a matter of minutes and may save quite a bit of money.
To save time and use this form to compare rates, click here to open in a new tab and input your coverage information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you type in deductibles and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. Using the same limits helps guarantee you’re receiving a fair comparison for exact coverage.
Discounts are great for lower rates
Companies don’t list every available discount very well, so we took the time to find both well-publicized and the more hidden ways to save on auto insurance.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to a qualifying organization may earn a discount when shopping for auto insurance on Optima coverage.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Kia can earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having multiple cars or trucks on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government may qualify you for a discount on Optima coverage depending on your company.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
To see a list of providers who offer auto insurance discounts, follow this link.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
You may need specialized coverage
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Who is covered when they drive my 2014 Kia Optima?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Should I buy only the required minimum liability coverage?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in my state?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Specific coverage details
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can help you determine the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
This covers damage to your Optima resulting from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims like damaging your car on a curb, driving through your garage door, scraping a guard rail, colliding with a tree and hitting a mailbox. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This provides protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive auto insurance
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like damage from getting keyed, falling objects and rock chips in glass. The maximum amount your auto insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for expenses for rehabilitation expenses, prosthetic devices, nursing services, funeral costs and chiropractic care. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage will cover damage that occurs to other people or property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 100/300/100 that means you have $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things like bail bonds, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and court costs. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
The bottom line
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
People leave their current company for many reasons like high prices, lack of trust in their agent, poor customer service or even policy non-renewal. Whatever your reason, finding a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
The cheapest 2014 Kia Optima insurance can be found from both online companies and with local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers do not offer online quoting and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
More information can be found below:
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area