How much is the Kia Optima 2011 to insure?
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 20, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Expensive insurance can drain your savings account and make it hard to pay other bills. Shopping your coverage around is a smart way to slash your bill and have more disposable income. Drivers have so many car insurance companies to choose from, and even though it’s nice to have a selection, too many choices makes it more difficult to compare rates and find the lowest cost insurance.
It’s a good idea to do rate comparisons on a regular basis because rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you found the best price for Optima insurance on your last policy you can probably find a better price now. Don’t believe everything you read about insurance on the web, but we’re going to give you the best ways to buy insurance cheaper.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is not that difficult. If you have a current insurance coverage policy or are shopping for new coverage, you can learn to cut your premiums and possibly find even better coverage. Drivers only need to know the most effective way to compare rates on the web.
Get Lower Rates on Kia Optima Car Insurance
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find both the well known as well as the least known ways to save on car insurance. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you are throwing money away. If your insurance continues to increase in price, talk to your provider about ways to lower the cost.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with one company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off for Optima insurance depending on your company.
- Accident Forgiveness – A few companies will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Paperless Sign Up – A few companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy on their website.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for a substantially lower rate.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a defensive driving course could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
There are many discounts available, so always double check with an insurance company, even if you don’t see it listed on their website or advertised.
Auto Insurance Prices Online
Shopping for lower auto insurance rates can be challenging if you don’t utilize the best way to get rate quotes. You could waste time driving to agents in your area, or you can stay home and use online quotes to get prices fast.
Most of the larger companies belong to a marketplace where insurance shoppers complete one form, and every company can give them a price for coverage. This eliminates the need for form submissions to every company.
To participate in this free quote system, click here to start a free quote.
The only drawback to getting quotes like this is you cannot specify the providers to receive prices from. So if you prefer to choose individual companies for rate comparison, we put together a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
It’s up to you how you get prices quoted, just make darn sure you compare the exact same information for each comparison quote. If you are comparing different limits and deductibles on each one it will be impossible to truly determine the lowest rate.
Why Your Kia Optima Insurance Rates May Be High
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that come into play when calculating the price you pay for car insurance. Knowing what influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with big savings.
- Younger drivers pay higher rates – Youthful drivers tend to be less responsible when driving so they pay higher car insurance rates. Parents adding a youthful driver onto a policy can break the bank. More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and are safer drivers.
- Higher deductibles cost less – Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your Kia from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply are a windshield shattered by a rock, collision with an animal, or theft. Your deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance on a Kia Optima, or any other vehicle.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates – Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates than bad drivers. Even one citation can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. If you have serious violations such as DUI or reckless driving, you may find they need to file a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
- Little extras can really add up – There are many extra bells and whistles that can waste your money on your car insurance policy. Coverages like personal injury protection, accident forgiveness and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so get rid of them and save.
- Do you know your credit rating? – Having a bad credit rating is a huge factor in your rate calculation. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit scores. So if your credit score can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your 2011 Kia Optima by improving your rating.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders. If the Kia Optima scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you are probably receiving a discount.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress job? – Jobs such as doctors, social workers and accountants tend to have higher rates than average because of job stress and long work days. On the flip side, occupations like farmers, athletes and retirees receive lower rates for Optima insurance.
Tailor Your Coverage to You
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions might help in determining whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2011 Kia Optima is totaled?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Beware of Misleading Insurance Ads
Drivers can’t ignore all the ads that promise big savings from the likes of 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. All the companies say the same thing that you’ll save big if you move your coverage to them.
But how can every company say the same thing?
Insurance companies can use profiling for the type of driver that is profitable for them. For example, a preferred risk might be profiled as between 30 and 50, owns a home, and drives newer vehicles. A prospective insured who fits that profile is entitled to the best price and as a result will probably pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential customers who don’t qualify for these standards will have to pay higher prices and ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ad wording is “drivers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save money. This is how insurance companies can claim big savings. Because of the profiling, it’s extremely important to get as many comparisons as possible. It’s impossible to know which company will provide you with the cheapest Kia Optima insurance rates.
Car Insurance Policy Specifics
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can be of help when determining the right coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are the usual coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Comprehensive Auto Coverage
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like theft, fire damage, vandalism and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) Coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Kia Optima.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Medical Payments and PIP Coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses such as doctor visits, nursing services and EMT expenses. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Collision Coverage Protection
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as sustaining damage from a pothole, hitting a mailbox, driving through your garage door and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Liability coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 100/300/100 that means you have a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like loss of income, legal defense fees, medical expenses and bail bonds. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Summary: How much is the Kia Optima 2011 to insure?
The answer will always depend on where you shop and what questions you ask. Never forget to look for discounts, and to make sure the insurance companies you’re working with understand your personal situation.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, someone sacrificed full coverage to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Lower-priced 2011 Kia Optima insurance can be sourced online in addition to many insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies do not provide online price quotes and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area