Cheapest 2014 Chevrolet Captiva Sport Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 19, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for cheaper insurance for a Chevy Captiva Sport could be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to make it easier so you can be covered while behind the wheel.
There are both good and bad ways to find insurance online so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to quote coverages on Chevy Captive Sports and get the lowest price either online or from local insurance agents.
How can you buy insurance coverage online?
Performing a rate comparison can be exhausting if you aren’t aware of the best way to get rate quotes on your sports utility vehicle. You could waste time driving to insurance companies in your area, or you could save time and use online quoting to get the quickest rates.
Most of the best insurance companies take part in a program where prospective buyers send in one quote, and each participating company can provide price quotes determined by their information. This system prevents you from having to do quote requests to every company.
To compare 2014 Chevy Captiva Sport rates using this form now click here (opens in new window).
The one downside to getting quotes like this is you can’t choose which insurance companies to receive prices from. If you would rather choose individual companies for rate comparison, we have a page of the cheapest insurance coverage companies in your area. Click to view list.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just ensure you are comparing exactly the same coverage limits for every company. If you enter different values for each quote you can’t possibly truly determine the lowest rate.
What discounts can help you save big?
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, buy you may qualify for discounts that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested before being credited. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Organization Discounts – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization could qualify you for a break on car insurance on Captiva Sport insurance.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Chevy could be rewarded with a substantially lower rate.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles with traction controls are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on Captiva Sport insurance than drivers with accidents.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who live away from home without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child enroll in driver’s education in high school.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars. It’ll also definitely have good tire condition and wheel alignment.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts will reduce your overall premium, however.
The sporty crossover has plenty of cargo space, rear parking sensors, and fog lamps as well, and some of this can help your rates.
To see a list of insurers who offer car insurance discounts, follow this link.
Will just any policy work for me?
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is a little different, and there are different types and levels of coverage for each one.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
- Does my 2014 Chevy Captiva Sport qualify for pleasure use?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
What factors go into Chevy Captiva Sport insurance rates?
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that go into determining the price you pay for insurance coverage. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
- Protect yourself with liability coverage – The liability section of your policy is the protection when you are found to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Liability provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- How many coverages with the same company – Most insurance companies will give a discount to policyholders who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, you still need to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still be able to find better rates by buying insurance coverage from a different company.
- Always keep insurance in force – Letting your insurance expire is a quick way to increase your insurance coverage rates. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a steep fine or even jail time.Then you may be required to file a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Better credit means lower rates – A driver’s credit rating is a important factor in your rate calculation. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with poor credit. Therefore, if your credit rating can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your 2014 Chevrolet Captiva Sport by repairing your credit.
- Do you know your deductibles? – Physical damage insurance, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your Chevy from damage. Examples of covered claims could be colliding with a building, damage from fire, or theft. The deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. The more you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be on Captiva Sport insurance.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates – Your driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Careful drivers get better rates compared to drivers with tickets. Even one citation can boost insurance rates forty percent or more. Drivers who get flagrant violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to keep their license.
- Better crash test results mean better rates – Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates. If your Chevy has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
What auto insurance coverages are available?
Learning about specific coverages of car insurance can help you determine appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Normally these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Liability car insurance
This coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have values of 50/100/50 that translate to a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against claims like funeral expenses, repair costs for stationary objects, medical expenses and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage covers damage to your Captiva Sport resulting from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things like driving through your garage door, scraping a guard rail, crashing into a building and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical expense coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for things like rehabilitation expenses, nursing services, funeral costs and pain medications. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as a broken windshield, hitting a bird, theft and fire damage. The maximum amount your car insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
How can you save?
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to reduce 2014 Chevy Captiva Sport insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the most savings is with a small local company.
Discount insurance is attainable online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some companies may not provide online quoting and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
When you buy insurance online, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area