Cheapest 2013 Toyota Tundra Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 7, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
I can’t think of a single person who likes having to buy car insurance, especially knowing the cost is too high. Because there are so many choices, it can be challenging to find the most affordable insurance company.
Shopping for affordable protection is not that difficult. If you have insurance now or are shopping for new coverage, you can learn to find the best rates while maintaining coverages. Drivers only need an understanding of the proper methods to get comparison quotes online.
The quickest method we recommend to get rate comparisons is to take advantage of the fact most of the bigger providers pay for the opportunity to give free rates quotes. The only thing you need to do is give them some information including distance driven, whether you are married, if you have an active license, and any included safety features. That rating information is then submitted to multiple top-rated companies and they provide comparison quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To start a quote now, click here and enter your zip code.
Discounts mean cheaper Toyota Tundra insurance rates
Car insurance is not cheap, but you may find discounts to reduce the price significantly. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class in school.
- Memberships – Being a member of a professional or civic organization may earn a discount on car insurance for Tundra insurance.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner can save you money because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off for Tundra insurance with a few car insurance companies.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less compared to bad drivers.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer these benefits include:
- The Hartford
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Discounts might not be offered in your state.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Is my 2013 Toyota Tundra covered for smoke damage?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 2013 Toyota Tundra?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
Auto insurance 101
Understanding the coverages of car insurance can be of help when determining which coverages you need for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are the normal coverages available from car insurance companies.
Collision coverages – This will pay to fix damage to your Tundra caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things like driving through your garage door, scraping a guard rail, hitting a mailbox, backing into a parked car and rolling your car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
UM/UIM Coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Toyota Tundra.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Liability car insurance – This protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people. It protects you from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for claims such as bail bonds, court costs, loss of income and pain and suffering. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but buy higher limits if possible.
Medical costs insurance – Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for expenses like pain medications, EMT expenses, hospital visits, ambulance fees and chiropractic care. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – Comprehensive insurance pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as rock chips in glass, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
A fool and his money are soon parted
Cost effective 2013 Toyota Tundra insurance is attainable online as well as from independent agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may be surprised to find that the best price on insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
Additional detailed information can be found at these sites:
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area