Cheapest 2013 Mazda 2 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 16, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding cheap insurance on the internet can be rather difficult for drivers new to buying insurance on the internet. With so many options of insurers to choose from, how can drivers even start to compare every one to find the lowest price?
Smart consumers take time to shop coverage around at least once a year because insurance prices change frequently. Just because you had the lowest rates for 2 insurance two years ago you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to one of the quickest ways to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Compare Quotes for Insurance Coverage
When shopping for low cost insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare prices from many different insurance companies. One of the best ways to compare rates is to get quotes online. It’s really quite simple and can be done in several different ways.
- The recommended way to get quotes for comparison is to use a rate comparison form click to view form in new window. This style of form prevents you from having to do separate forms for each company. Completing one form gets coverage cost estimates from many national carriers. Just one form and you’re done.
- A different way to get quotes online is to manually visit the website for each individual company to request a price quote. For sake of this example, we’ll assume you want rates from Nationwide, State Farm and Allstate. To get rate quotes you would need to go to each individual site and enter your policy data, which can get rather old. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
- The hardest way to get rate quotes is to spend time driving to insurance agencies in your area. The ability to get quotes online eliminates the middleman unless you prefer the peace of mind only provided by licensed agents. Although, it is possible obtain prices from the web but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
However you get your quotes, try to use nearly identical coverages and limits on every quote. If your comparisons have different values for each quote it will be next to impossible to determine the best price for your Mazda 2. Quoting even small variations in coverage limits could skew the results. And when price shopping your coverage, having more price comparisons will increase your chances of finding better pricing. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide price estimates online, so you also need to get rates on coverage from those companies, too.
Lower Rates by Qualifying for Discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always list every discount they offer very clearly, so the following list contains a few of the more well known and the more hidden credits available to you. If you’re not getting every credit available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents have much lower rates as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of 25 to 30%.
- College Student Discount – College-age children who are attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a home can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
A quick disclaimer, some of the credits will not apply the whole policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like you could get a free insurance coverage policy, insurance coverage companies aren’t that generous.
A list of insurance coverage companies and their possible discounts are:
- GEICO may offer discounts for anti-theft, membership and employees, daytime running lights, driver training, five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, and multi-policy.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for early quote, good student, save driver, payment discounts, multi-car, and driver training.
- Nationwide offers discounts for multi-policy, family plan, good student, accident-free, business or organization, anti-theft, and defensive driving.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for bundle discounts, early shopping, good student, mature driver, multi-car, pay in full, and youthful driver.
- Esurance may include discounts for defensive driver, emergency road assistance, homeowner, multi-car, and multi-policy.
- State Farm may have discounts that include anti-theft, multiple autos, good student, driver’s education, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, and multiple policy.
- Progressive offers discounts including continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, multi-vehicle, good student, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for annual mileage, location of vehicle, multi-car, type of vehicle, good driver, professional/association, and accident-free.
When quoting, ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. Discounts might not be offered in your area. If you would like to see a list of providers who offer cheap insurance coverage quotes, follow this link.
Get Cheap Insurance Costs by Understanding These Factors
Many different elements are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but other factors are more obscure such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.It’s important that you understand some of the elements that go into determining car insurance rates. If you understand what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in cheaper rates.
Shown below are most of the major factors car insurance companies consider when setting your prices.
- Men pay more for insurance coverage – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Females and males cause at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but guys tend to have more serious accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
- Bundle home and auto and save – Most insurance companies afford discounts to clients who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it’s still a good idea to compare other insurance prices to help guarantee you have the best rates. You may still be able to find better rates by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Increase physical damage deductibles and save – Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some instances where coverage would apply would be running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The more of the claim you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive for 2 insurance.
- Liability preserves assets – Your policy’s liability coverage is the protection if you are ruled to be at fault for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- No car insurance policy gaps is important – Allowing your coverage to lapse can be a guaranteed way to pay more for car insurance. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance could earn you a steep fine or even jail time. You may then have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department.
Insurance is Unique, Just Like You
When it comes to choosing coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether you may require specific advice.
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- How much liability insurance is required?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Auto Insurance Coverages and Their Meanings
Knowing the specifics of your policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Auto insurance terms can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – This coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Mazda 2.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Medical expense insurance – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for expenses for funeral costs, doctor visits, pain medications, nursing services and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as a broken windshield, fire damage, hail damage and falling objects. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision – Collision coverage covers damage to your 2 resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims like crashing into a building, backing into a parked car and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability auto insurance – Liability coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property by causing an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is a combined limit which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for claims like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, pain and suffering, emergency aid and medical services. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but buy as much as you can afford.
Online Plus Local Equals Savings
Insureds switch companies for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, lack of trust in their agent, delays in paying claims or questionable increases in premium. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right car insurance provider is easier than you think.
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to shop for 2013 Mazda 2 insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding cheap insurance. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a small local company.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where someone dropped collision coverage and learned later that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Much more information about car insurance can be read on the following sites:
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area