Cheapest 2013 Ford Taurus Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 18, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
No one in their right mind likes paying for car insurance, in particular when they are paying too much. Drivers have so many insurers to insure vehicles with, and even though it’s nice to be able to choose, so many choices can make it hard to locate the cheapest rates.
Why your Ford Taurus insurance rates may be high
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for insurance. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The list below includes a few of the “ingredients” used by your company to calculate premiums.
- Sex matters – Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Both sexes are in accidents in similar numbers, but the males cause more damage. They also get cited for more serious violations such as reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are most likely to cause an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – The more you drive in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. If your policy improperly rates your Taurus may be costing you. Double check that your insurance policy shows the correct driver usage.
- Protect your assets with liability insurance – Liability insurance is the coverage that protects you when a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Frequent insurance claims increase rates – If you frequently file small claims, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Companies award lower rates to drivers who do not file claims often. Car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Being married can save on insurance – Having a wife or husband actually saves money on insurance. It means you’re more mature and responsible and it’s proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Discounts are great for lower rates
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help bring down the price. Most are applied at the time of quoting, but a few must be asked for before they will apply. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more for Taurus coverage than drivers with accident claims.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10% for Taurus coverage.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment may qualify you for a discount for Taurus coverage with a few car insurance companies.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your premiums.
For a list of insurance companies offering car insurance discounts, click here.
Ads can be misleading
Consumers constantly see and hear ads for the lowest price auto insurance by companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. They all seem to say the same thing that you can save after switching to them.
How does each company make almost identical claims?
All companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver that makes them money. A good example of a desirable insured might be profiled as between 30 and 50, a clean driving record, and has a high credit rating. A propective insured that hits that “sweet spot” will qualify for the lowest rates and as a result will probably save a lot of money.
Potential insureds who don’t measure up to the requirements must pay higher rates which leads to the customer not buying. The ad wording is “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. That’s why insurance companies can advertise the savings.
This illustrates why you should compare many company’s rates. It’s impossible to know which auto insurance company will provide you with the cheapest Ford Taurus insurance rates.
You may need specialized coverage
When choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different so this has to be addressed. These are some specific questions may help you determine whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Specific coverage details
Knowing the specifics of a car insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are typical coverages offered by car insurance companies.
Comprehensive coverage – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as fire damage, hitting a deer, theft, falling objects and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount your car insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability coverages – This coverage protects you from damage that occurs to other’s property or people in an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see values of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, funeral expenses and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Collision coverages – Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Taurus from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things like rolling your car, colliding with another moving vehicle and damaging your car on a curb. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Ford Taurus.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Normally the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for immediate expenses for X-ray expenses, surgery, funeral costs and chiropractic care. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
A penny saved is a penny earned
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to lower your 2013 Ford Taurus insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the most savings is with the smaller companies. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Affordable insurance can be purchased both online and also from your neighborhood agents, so compare prices from both to have the best selection. Some companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
Additional detailed information can be found in the articles below:
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area