Cheapest 2013 Cadillac SRX Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for cheaper insurance rates for your Cadillac SRX? Finding cheaper insurance for a Cadillac SRX could be difficult, but you can follow the following methods to save time. There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for insurance and we’ll show you the best way to quote coverages on a Cadillac and obtain the lowest price.
How to Buy Insurance Coverage Online
Effectively comparing insurance coverage prices can be challenging if you don’t understand the easiest way. You can waste a lot of time discussing policy coverages with insurance agencies in your area, or you can stay home and use online quoting to get rates in a matter of minutes.
Many insurance companies take part in a program where insurance shoppers submit their information once, and each company can provide price quotes based on that information. This system prevents you from having to do quote requests for each company.
To use this form to compare 2013 Cadillac SRX insurance rates click here to start a free quote.
The one downside to using this type of system is that consumers can’t choose which carriers to get quotes from. So if you want to choose from a list of companies to receive pricing from, we put together a list of the cheapest insurance coverage companies in your area. Click here to view list.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just ensure you are comparing exactly the same deductibles and coverage limits for each price quote. If you use higher or lower deductibles you can’t possibly determine which rate is truly the best.
Discounts mean cheaper 2013 Cadillac SRX insurance rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched some of the best known and the harder-to-find ways to save on insurance coverage. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Life Insurance – Some companies give a break if you buy life insurance.
- Student in College – Kids in college who attend school more than 100 miles from home without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers may be able to get reduced rates on SRX insurance.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class in high school.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a course in driver safety can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To see a list of providers with discount insurance coverage rates, click here.
Your Cadillac SRX insurance rate is a complex equation
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that go into determining the price you pay for auto insurance. Understanding what influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower auto insurance prices.
- Little extras can really add up – There are many extra bells and whistles that can waste your money when buying auto insurance. Insurance for vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness and motor club memberships are some examples. They may seem good when you first buy your policy, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Rates may be lower depending on your job – Careers like lawyers, executives and accountants have higher rates than average due to stressful work requirements and long work days. On the flip side, occupations like actors, athletes and retirees get better rates on SRX insurance.
- Cautious drivers pay less – Only having one citation can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers with dangerous tickets like DUI or reckless driving are required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Don’t let your coverage lapse – Not having insurance is a misdemeanor and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a steep fine or even jail time.You may need to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – The more you drive in a year the higher your rates will be. Most insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. An improperly rated SRX can result in significantly higher rates. Verify your auto insurance policy is showing the correct driver usage.
- High deductibles save money – Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be colliding with a building, damage from fire, and burglary. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be on SRX insurance.
- Safer occupants lowers premiums – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you. If your Cadillac is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may qualify for a discount.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
For example, these questions may help you determine if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Should I rate my 2013 Cadillac SRX as pleasure use or commute?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Do drivers who switch really save $476 a year?
Drivers can’t get away from ads for car insurance savings from the likes of Allstate and Progressive. They all make an identical promise about savings if you change your coverage to them.
How do they all say the same thing?
Different companies can use profiling for the driver that earns them a profit. For instance, a driver they prefer could be a mature driver, owns a home, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A customer who matches those parameters will qualify for the lowest rates and therefore will cut their rates substantially.
Consumers who fall outside the “perfect” profile must pay a more expensive rate which leads to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads say “people who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that kind of money. That is how insurance companies can advertise the savings. This illustrates why it is so important to get a wide range of price quotes. It is impossible to predict the company that will fit your personal profile best.
Information about specific coverages
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Coverage for medical expenses
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for immediate expenses for things like funeral costs, chiropractic care, ambulance fees and surgery. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Coverage for collisions
This coverage covers damage to your SRX resulting from a collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims like driving through your garage door, sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a ditch and scraping a guard rail. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Cadillac SRX.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Liability car insurance
Liability coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property in an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims like funeral expenses, emergency aid and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as falling objects, theft and hail damage. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Be a money saver!
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can reduce 2013 Cadillac SRX insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the best price on car insurance is with the least-expected company.
Budget-conscious insurance is definitely available online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies may not provide online quoting and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced full coverage and learned later that it was a big error on their part. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Even more information can be found at these sites:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area