2006 Cadillac SRX Car Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you sick and tired of trying to scrape together enough money to buy car insurance? Your situation is no different than the majority of other car owners. There are many insurers to pick from, and although it’s a good thing to have a selection, so many choices can make it hard to locate the cheapest rates.
It is always a good idea to compare prices every six months since insurance rates change regularly. Even if you got the best rates on SRX insurance last year the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about auto insurance on the web, but we’re going to give you a bunch of ideas how to quit paying high auto insurance rates.
Cadillac SRX rate determination is complex
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that come into play when calculating car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in lower car insurance prices.
- Better credit scores mean better rates – Your credit score is a big factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with lower ratings. Therefore, if your credit is low, you could save money insuring your 2006 Cadillac SRX by repairing your credit.
- How many coverages with the same company – Many insurers provide better rates to insureds who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. If you currently are using one company, it’s in your best interest to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Don’t let your coverage lapse – Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a quick way to pay more for car insurance. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage might get you a steep fine or even jail time.
- Theft deterrents lower rates – Driving a car with an alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.
Don’t overlook these discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there are discounts available to help bring down the price. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be asked for before you will receive the discount. If you don’t get every credit possible, you are throwing money away.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select companies give a discount for switching to them prior to your current policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles can earn a substantially lower rate.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Memberships – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization is a good way to get lower rates on your policy on SRX insurance.
- Multi-car Discount – Having more than one vehicle with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Own a Home – Simply owning a home can help you save on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount will cut your premiums.
Companies who might offer these discounts include:
- State Farm
- 21st Century
- American Family
- The Hartford
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not apply everywhere.
Is my situation unique?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Specific coverage details
Having a good grasp of insurance can be of help when determining the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find typical coverage types found on the average insurance policy.
Comprehensive coverage – This coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as hail damage, damage from flooding and rock chips in glass. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Cadillac SRX.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time these limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Liability – This coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property that is your fault. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have values of 50/100/50 which means a limit of $50,000 per injured person, $100,000 for the entire accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as medical services, funeral expenses and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for bills such as EMT expenses, chiropractic care and surgery. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers both the driver and occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision coverages – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your SRX caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things such as hitting a parking meter, sustaining damage from a pot hole and hitting a mailbox. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Better coverage you can count on
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to save on 2006 Cadillac SRX insurance. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from a smaller regional carrier. Regional companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
Lower-priced insurance can be bought on the web and with local insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
Much more information about insurance coverage is located below:
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area