Cheapest 2012 Toyota Venza Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you a victim of an underperforming, overpriced insurance coverage policy? Trust us when we tell you there are lots of people in the same boat.
Online insurance companies like Allstate and Progressive all claim big savings with ads and consumers find it hard to see past the geckos and flying pigs and take the time to shop coverage around.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to reduce your rates substantially using this strategy. Finding the best rates is easy if you know what you’re doing. But drivers need to have an understanding of how insurance companies sell insurance online and take advantage of how the system works.
Factors influencing Toyota Venza insurance rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that go into determining your insurance rates. Understanding what controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in big savings.
- Discounts for married couples – Being married can get you a discount on your policy. It usually means you are more responsible and statistics show drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates. If the Toyota Venza has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
- Bump up deductibles to save – Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your Toyota. Some instances where coverage would apply are a windshield shattered by a rock, damage caused by hail, and windstorm damage. Your deductibles are how much you are willing to pay before your insurance pays a claim. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your insurance will be for Venza insurance.
- Don’t skimp on liability – The liability section of your policy provides coverage if you are found to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
You probably qualify for some discounts
Companies do not list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list some of the best known as well as the least known insurance coverage savings.
- Memberships – Participating in certain professional organizations may earn a discount when buying insurance coverage for Venza insurance.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total premium.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with better rates if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- No Charge for an Accident – A few companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select companies give a discount for signing up before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Car insurance companies that may offer these money-saving discounts are:
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not apply in your state.
Ads can be misleading
Allstate and Progressive regularly use ads on television and other media. All the companies make an identical promise that you can save if you move to their company. How can each company claim to save you money?
All companies are able to cherry pick for the type of driver they prefer to insure. For instance, a desirable insured might be between 25 and 40, has no driving citations, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Any driver who meets those qualifications will get very good rates and is almost guaranteed to cut their rates substantially.
Potential insureds who don’t qualify for the “perfect” profile must pay more money and this can result in business going elsewhere. The ads say “customers who switch” not “people who quote” save that much money. That’s why companies can state the savings. This illustrates why you absolutely need to get a wide range of price quotes. Because you never know which car insurance company will have the lowest Toyota Venza insurance rates.
There’s no such thing as the perfect policy
When buying the best insurance coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if you might need professional guidance.
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Car insurance coverage breakdown
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are typical coverage types found on the average car insurance policy.
Coverage for collisions
This pays for damage to your Venza from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things like sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a mailbox, rolling your car and colliding with a tree. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
This coverage provides protection when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your 2012 Toyota Venza.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like hitting a bird, damage from flooding, damage from a tornado or hurricane, fire damage and a broken windshield. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people in an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 100/300/100 which stand for $100,000 bodily injury coverage, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims like court costs, attorney fees and funeral expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Medical costs insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for short-term medical expenses like prosthetic devices, funeral costs, X-ray expenses and dental work. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Online plus local equals savings
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to get a better price on 2012 Toyota Venza insurance. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier. They can often provide lower rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
Cheap insurance can be found on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
Additional detailed information can be found in the articles below:
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area