Cheapest 2012 Mitsubishi Eclipse Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find the cheapest auto insurance rates for your Mitsubishi Eclipse? Comparison shopping for auto insurance is always nearly impossible for consumers not familiar with comparison shopping online. Consumers have so many companies to choose from that it can easily become a lot of work to locate the lowest price.
Buying car insurance is not rocket science. Just about everyone who is required by state law to have insurance will most likely be able to lower their premiums. Nevertheless, vehicle owners must understand the methods companies use to determine prices and apply this information to your search.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list every discount very well, so the following is a list of some of the more common and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some companies give better rates if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some companies give discounts for switching to them before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military can result in better rates.
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
For a list of providers with the best insurance discounts, click here to view.
The method we recommend to compare policy rates is to realize most insurance companies participate in a system to give free rates quotes. The only thing you need to do is give them some information such as if it has an alarm system, how much you drive, your occupation, and if a SR-22 is required. That rating data is instantly provided to all major companies and you should receive rate quotes immediately.
To compare rates for a 2012 Mitsubishi Eclipse now, click here and complete the quick form.
Lesser-known factors impacting Mitsubishi Eclipse insurance rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for insurance coverage. Knowing what influences your rates enables informed choices that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
- Choose a safe vehicle and save – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles reduce injuries and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates. If your Mitsubishi earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates – A driver’s credit score is a large factor in your rate calculation. People with high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than drivers with lower credit ratings. If your credit rating is low, you could save money insuring your 2012 Mitsubishi Eclipse by improving your rating.
- Men pay higher rates – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes are in accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species cause more damage. Men also tend to receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving. Young males tend to get in the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
- Optional equipment can affect rates – Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can get you a discount on your insurance coverage. Anti-theft devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can thwart car theft.
- Pay less after the wedding – Getting married can actually save you money on your insurance coverage policy. Having a significant other usually means you are more responsible and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Pleasure use saves money – The more miles you rack up on your Mitsubishi each year the higher your rate. Most companies rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. Verify your insurance coverage policy is rated on how each vehicle is driven. If your policy improperly rates your Eclipse may be costing you.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – There are a lot of additional coverages you can purchase when buying insurance coverage. Coverages like personal injury protection, better glass coverage and membership fees are some examples. These coverages may sound good at first, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
When might I need an agent?
When it comes to choosing the best insurance coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Learn about insurance coverages for a Mitsubishi Eclipse
Understanding the coverages of insurance helps when choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like hitting a bird, damage from flooding, hitting a deer and damage from getting keyed. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for bills such as X-ray expenses, ambulance fees, dental work and pain medications. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Auto liability insurance
Liability coverage protects you from damage that occurs to people or other property in an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 50/100/50 that means you have $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things like bail bonds, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, attorney fees and emergency aid. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Collision coverage covers damage to your Eclipse caused by collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things such as scraping a guard rail, crashing into a building, driving through your garage door and sideswiping another vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy non-renewal or even delays in paying claims. Whatever your reason, finding the right car insurance provider is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Cheaper 2012 Mitsubishi Eclipse insurance is available both online and with local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
Additional car insurance information can be read at these links:
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area