Cheapest 2012 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 Insurance Rates in 2024
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want the cheapest insurance rates for your Mazda Mazdaspeed 3? Trying to find the cheapest insurance for a new or used Mazda Mazdaspeed 3 could be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to find lower rates.
There are both good and bad ways to shop for insurance and you need to know the proper way to price shop coverage for a Mazda and locate the best price possible either online or from local insurance agents.
Locating the cheapest insurance is not that difficult. If you have insurance now or are looking for a new policy, you can use these tips to cut your premiums while maximizing coverage. Consumers just need to know the best way to find the lowest price online.
Do you qualify for discount insurance coverage?
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize all their discounts very well, so the next list breaks down some of the more common as well as the least known ways to save on insurance coverage. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Student Discounts – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting insurance coverage on a new car is cheaper because newer models are generally safer.
- Payment Method – By making one initial payment instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Responsible Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates for Mazdaspeed 3 coverage than their less cautious counterparts.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a class that teaches defensive driving techniques may get you a small discount and also improve your driving technique.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not necessarily a discount, but some insurance companies may permit one accident without raising rates if you have no claims before the accident.
- Theft Deterent System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your auto insurance quote.
- Online Discount – Some of the larger companies provide a small discount for buying a policy and signing up on the web.
- Claim-Free Discount – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts as compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
Please keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Companies who may offer most of these discounts include:
If you need low cost auto insurance quotes, ask each company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in your state. To see a list of insurance companies who offer online insurance coverage quotes, click here.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
What insurance coverages do I need?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether you may require specific advice.
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Drivers who switch save $431 a year? Really?
Consumers constantly see and hear ads for cheaper insurance from companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. All the companies say the same thing that drivers can save some big amount if you move your policy.
How does every insurance company save you money? This is the way they can do it.
Insurance providers have an ideal profile for the type of driver that will add to their bottom line. One example of a profitable risk profile might be described as over the age of 50, owns a home, and chooses high deductibles. Any person who fits those characteristics will qualify for the lowest premium rates and will also save quite a bit of money when switching.
People who fall outside those standards will be quoted higher premium rates which translates to the customer buying from a different company. The trick is to say “customers who switch” not “everyone who quotes” save that much. That is how companies can advertise the way they do.
This really illustrates why you really need to do a quote comparison often. It’s not possible to predict which insurance company will have the best car insurance rates for your profile.
Car insurance coverages and their meanings
Knowing the specifics of a car insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as damage from getting keyed, hail damage, vandalism and falling objects. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Mazdaspeed 3 resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims like sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a mailbox, crashing into a building and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability car insurance
Liability coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to other people or property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see values of 100/300/100 that translate to a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against things such as structural damage, pain and suffering, legal defense fees and funeral expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but buy higher limits if possible.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Mazda Mazdaspeed 3.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Normally these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for bills for ambulance fees, EMT expenses, hospital visits and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Feed the piggy bank
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as questionable increases in premium, extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in paying claims or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching insurance coverage companies is not as hard as you think.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where an insured dropped physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
Affordable 2012 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3 insurance is definitely available both online and from local agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some companies do not provide price quotes online and these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2024
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2024
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area