Cheapest 2012 Hyundai Tucson Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 2, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find the cheapest insurance coverage rates? Buyers have lots of choices when searching for the lowest priced Hyundai Tucson insurance. You can either waste hours calling around to compare prices or save time using the internet to get rate quotes.
There is a right way and a wrong way to buy insurance coverage so we’re going to tell you the proper way to price shop coverage for a Hyundai and locate the cheapest rates.
Be sure to get all your discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, buy you may qualify for discounts to cut the cost considerably. A few discounts will automatically apply when you quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about prior to receiving the credit. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course in school.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get better car insurance rates for Tucson coverage.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a course in driver safety can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Organization Discounts – Being a member of a civic or occupational organization may earn a discount when shopping for car insurance for Tucson coverage.
- Sign Online – A handful of insurance companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing online.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner can save you money because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% for Tucson coverage with a few car insurance companies.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Accident Waiver – A few companies will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, you’re out of luck. But all discounts will help reduce your overall premium however.
Companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts include:
- Mercury Insurance
It’s a good idea to ask each company what discounts are available to you. Discounts might not apply in your area.
Comprehensive Insurance Coverage Comparison
Finding a lower price on 2012 Hyundai Tucson insurance is actually quite simple. The only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to get quotes from different insurance companies. This can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- The first (and easiest) way to get quotes for comparison is a comparison rater form (click to open form in new window). This method saves time by eliminating multiple quote forms to each individual insurance coverage company. One form compares rates from multiple low-cost companies. It’s definitely the quickest method.
- A less efficient way to find lower rates is to manually visit the website for every company you want to comare and complete a new quote form.
- The hardest method to get comparison rates is to drive around to local insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you require the trained guidance of a licensed agent. However, consumers can get prices online and get advice from an agent in your area and you’ll learn how to do that later.
Whichever method you choose, double check that you are using identical coverages and limits with each company. If you are comparing unequal deductibles or liability limits you will not be able to determine the lowest rate for your Hyundai Tucson.
Hyundai Tucson insurance rates can be determined by these details
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that go into determining your insurance rates. Knowing what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that could result in lower insurance prices.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine premiums.
- Special features that cut premiums – Owning a car with an alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent car theft.
- Your stress level may be raising your rates – Careers like real estate brokers, architects and financial analysts tend to have higher average rates due to high stress levels and lengthy work days. Conversely, occupations such as actors, engineers and the unemployed receive lower rates for Tucson coverage.
- Liability coverage protects you – Liability insurance is the protection when a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Your location affects your rates – Being located in a rural area can save you money when buying insurance. Drivers in populated areas tend to have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Lower population means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Proper usage rating affects rates – The more you drive each year the higher your rates will be. Most insurance companies apply a rate determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Having the wrong rating on your Tucson can result in significantly higher rates. Verify your insurance policy shows the correct driver usage, because it can save money.
- Extra add-on coverages are wasting money – There are quite a few extra coverages you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Things like rental car reimbursement, better glass coverage and term life insurance are examples of these. They may seem good initially, but if they’re wasting money remove them from your policy.
- High crash test scores lower rates – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates. If the Hyundai Tucson earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may qualify for a discount.
- Poor driving leads to higher costs – Only having one ticket can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. Drivers with dangerous tickets such as DUI or reckless driving are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When choosing adequate coverage, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Is my 2012 Hyundai Tucson covered for flood damage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Detailed coverages of your auto insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of your auto insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Auto insurance terms can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as hitting a bird, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a deer and a broken windshield. The highest amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Liability car insurance – This coverage protects you from damage that occurs to people or other property that is your fault. It protects you from claims by other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show values of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 bodily injury coverage, $100,000 for the entire accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for things like bail bonds, medical expenses and court costs. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Collision coverages – Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as crashing into a ditch, driving through your garage door, scraping a guard rail, hitting a mailbox and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – This provides protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Hyundai Tucson.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Frequently these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for short-term medical expenses like nursing services, doctor visits, surgery, EMT expenses and funeral costs. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Shop around and save
Cheap 2012 Hyundai Tucson insurance can be purchased online as well as from independent agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some auto insurance companies don’t offer online quoting and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
People who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including denial of a claim, high prices, not issuing a premium refund and delays in responding to claim requests. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company is easier than you think.
We just presented many tips how you can lower your insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company.
To read more, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area