Cheapest 2012 Hyundai Sonata Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 11, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for the cheapest car insurance rates for your Hyundai Sonata? Tired of not being able to afford each month for car insurance? Your situation is no different than many other drivers.
Many auto insurance companies compete for your hard-earned dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every insurer and uncover the absolute lowest rate
You should take the time to compare rates yearly since insurance rates fluctuate regularly. Even if you think you had the best price on Sonata coverage two years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. So block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in how to use the internet to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
How to Buy Insurance Coverage Online
All the larger insurance coverage companies provide coverage prices online. The process doesn’t take much effort as you simply enter the coverages you want into the quote form. Once you submit the form, their system will obtain reports for credit and driving violations and returns pricing information determined by many factors. This makes it a lot easier to compare rates but the time it takes to visit many different websites and enter the same data into a form can be a bit repetitive. But it is imperative to have as many quotes as possible in order to find a lower rate.
Isn’t there an easier way to compare rates?
The smarter way to find cheaper rates uses one form that obtains quotes from a bunch of companies at once. The form is fast, reduces the work, and makes quoting online much easier to do. After sending the form, it is rated and you can select any one of the pricing results. If you find a better price you can click and sign and purchase coverage. The whole process takes less than 15 minutes and could lower your rates considerably.
To compare rates using this form now, simply click here to open in new window and fill out the form. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you copy your coverages identical to your current policy. Doing this assures you’re receiving an apples-to-apples comparison using the same coverage and limits.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize every discount very clearly, so we took the time to find some of the best known and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Accident Waiver – Some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education in high school.
- Life Insurance – Larger companies have a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way.
Car insurance companies that may have these discounts include:
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
- American Family
Double check with each insurance company how you can save money. Savings might not apply in your area.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same coverage
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions can help discover if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Factors determining your Hyundai Sonata insurance premium
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that go into determining your insurance coverage rates. Knowing what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that can help you get better insurance coverage rates.
- Increase deductibles and save – Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage coverage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, and windstorm damage. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance on Sonata coverage.
- Being married is a good thing – Having a spouse can get you a discount on insurance coverage. Having a spouse means you’re more mature and responsible and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
- Your age impacts your rates – More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims and are safer drivers. Youthful drivers are known to be less responsible when driving therefore insurance coverage rates are much higher.
- More people means more accidents – Residing in a small town can save you money when it comes to insurance coverage. Drivers in populated areas have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Can switching companies really save?
Companies like Allstate and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads in print and on television. All the ads make the same claim about savings if you switch to them. But how can every company make almost identical claims?
Insurance companies are able to cherry pick for the right customer they prefer to insure. For example, a driver they prefer could be between the ages of 30 and 50, a clean driving record, and has a short commute. A propective insured who meets those qualifications is entitled to the best price and most likely will cut their rates substantially.
Drivers who don’t meet these standards will be charged higher rates and this can result in business going elsewhere. The ads say “people who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much. That’s the way companies can truthfully make the claims of big savings. That is why drivers must get quotes from several different companies. It’s not possible to predict which insurance companies will fit your personal profile best.
Educate yourself about insurance coverages
Learning about specific coverages of insurance aids in choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are the usual coverages found on most insurance policies.
Coverage for medical expenses – Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for immediate expenses such as hospital visits, ambulance fees, X-ray expenses, rehabilitation expenses and surgery. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers you and your occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive insurance – This coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as vandalism, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and hitting a deer. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability auto insurance – Liability insurance can cover damage that occurs to people or other property in an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability coverage pays for things like funeral expenses, bail bonds and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Collision coverages – This covers damage to your Sonata resulting from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things like crashing into a building, damaging your car on a curb and hitting a mailbox. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your 2012 Hyundai Sonata.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Quote more, save more
As you shop your coverage around, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate.
The cheapest 2012 Hyundai Sonata insurance can be found from both online companies and with local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who do not offer online quoting and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
More information is available at these links:
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area