Cheapest 2012 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 29, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find the cheapest insurance rates for your Dodge Ram Pickup 1500? Searching for the cheapest insurance for a new or used Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 can turn out to be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our insurance buying tips to save time.
There are more efficient ways to buy insurance so we’re going to tell you the proper way to price shop coverage for your Dodge and locate the best price possible from both online companies and local agents.
It is always a good idea to quote other rates once or twice a year since rates go up and down regularly. If you had the best rate on Ram pickup coverage a couple years back a different company probably has better prices today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re about to learn the best methods to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Shopping for more affordable coverage is simple if you know the tricks. If you have a policy now or are just looking to switch companies, you can use these techniques to find the best rates and possibly find even better coverage. Consumers just need to learn the most efficient way to get comparison quotes over the internet.
The quickest method to compare insurance rates in your area is to understand almost all companies pay for the opportunity to provide you with a free rate quote. To get started, all you need to do is give them rating details like whether your vehicle is owned or leased, if it has an alarm system, coverage limits, and marital status. Your insurance information gets transmitted to insurance carriers in your area and you receive quotes instantly to find the best rate.
Insurance companies offer many types of discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you may qualify for discounts that can help lower your rates. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be asked for prior to getting the savings. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, you may be paying too high a price.
- Professional Organizations – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a good way to get lower rates on insurance.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% on Ram pickup coverage compared to accident prone drivers.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Passing a course that instructs on driving safety could earn you a small percentage discount if you qualify.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers pay less when compared with drivers with a long claim history.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Dodge can earn discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Theft Deterent – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles have a lower chance of being stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one isn’t a discount, but some insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Larger insurance companies and a selection of discounts are:
- Progressive offers premium reductions for good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including homeowner, electronic funds transfer, bundle discounts, distant student, alternative fuel, and pay in full.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include 55 and retired, safe driver, driver training, multi-policy, and good student.
- State Farm may offer discounts for driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, accident-free, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO has savings for good student, daytime running lights, multi-policy, military active duty, defensive driver, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO includes discounts for teen safe driver, anti-theft, drive less, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, safe driver, and homeowner.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for teen driver discount, safety features, good student, multi-car, newly retired, and new graduate.
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. To see a list of providers who offer cheap insurance quotes, enter your zip code here.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When choosing coverage for your vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out your zip code. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Dodge Ram Pickup 1500.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Normally these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like hitting a bird, hitting a deer, rock chips in glass and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Ram Pickup 1500 from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as scraping a guard rail, colliding with a tree, hitting a mailbox and crashing into a ditch. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Liability coverage – Liability insurance provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 bodily injury coverage, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against things such as court costs, emergency aid and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for bills for things like prosthetic devices, doctor visits and funeral costs. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers both the driver and occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area