Cheapest 2011 Toyota RAV4 Insurance Rates in 2024
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Feb 24, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding better insurance prices for a Toyota RAV4 can be a painful process, but you can use a few tricks to find lower rates. There is a better way to buy car insurance and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for a new or used Toyota and get the lowest possible price from local insurance agents and online providers.
Consumers need to get comparison quotes periodically because rates change frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal for RAV4 insurance a year ago you will most likely find a better rate today. Starting right now, forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re going to learn one of the best ways to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Insurance Coverage Prices
Getting a cheaper price on 2011 Toyota RAV4 insurance can be quick and easy. Consumers just need to take a couple of minutes to compare rates online with multiple companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The recommended way to get the best comparison quotes would be an industry-wide quote request form. This type of form eliminates the need for separate quotation requests for each company you want a rate for. One simple form gets you coverage quotes instantly. It’s the fastest way to compare.
- A more time-consuming way to find lower rates consists of going to each company website to request a price quote. For example’s sake, we’ll assume you want to compare rates from State Farm, Safeco, and Progressive. You would have to spend time on each company’s site and enter your information, which is why most consumers use the first method.
- The least recommended method to get comparison rates is to waste gas driving to local insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you prefer the professional guidance that only a licensed agent can provide. You can, however, compare the best prices online but still have the advice of a local agent and we’ll touch on that later.
Which method you use is up to you, but make sure you use exactly the same coverages for every quote you compare. If you are comparing differing limits then you won’t be able to determine the best price for your Toyota RAV4.
Save 15 percent in 15 minutes? Is it for real?
Drivers constantly see and hear ads that promise big savings by GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive. They all make an identical promise that you’ll save big if you move to their company.
But how can every company say the same thing? It’s all in the numbers.
All the different companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver that is profitable for them. A good example of a profitable customer might be between 30 and 50, has no prior claims, and drives newer vehicles. A customer who matches those parameters will get the preferred rates and therefore will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Drivers who don’t meet the requirements will have to pay higher prices which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. The ad wording is “people who switch” not “people who quote” save money. That’s the way insurance companies can advertise the way they do. Because of the profiling, drivers must get a wide range of price quotes. Because you never know which company will fit your personal profile best.
Don’t Pay Full Price With These Discounts
Companies don’t always advertise all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list of both the well-known and also lesser-known ways to save on insurance coverage. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who live away from home and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Sign Online – Certain companies give back up to $50 simply for signing over the internet.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with better rates on cars that stay parked.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Your Personal Situation Dictates Your Coverage
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique, and not just when it comes to saving on the price of 2011 RAV4 insurance.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if you might need professional guidance.
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Should I rate my 2011 Toyota RAV4 as pleasure use or commute?
- Are there companies that specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Does the value of my 2011 Toyota RAV4 influence my insurance rates?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates or to obtain advice from a local agent, complete this form.
Parts Of Your Insurance Policy
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Collision insurance covers damage to your RAV4 resulting from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things like damaging your car on a curb, scraping a guard rail and hitting a parking meter. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical Costs and Personal Injury Protection
Medical payments and PIP insurance pay for short-term medical expenses for things like surgery, rehabilitation expenses, EMT expenses, doctor visits, and X-ray expenses. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or do not have enough. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Toyota RAV4.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
This coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property in an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 100/300/100 which stand for a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims like medical expenses, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, and structural damage. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism, and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as theft, rock chips in glass, fire damage, falling objects, and damage from flooding. The most your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Buy Online or Local, You Save
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, being labeled a high-risk driver, or even unfair underwriting practices. Whatever your reason, finding a new company is easier than you think.
Low-cost 2011 Toyota RAV4 insurance can be bought on the web and with local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies do not offer online price quotes and usually, these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
We’ve covered quite a bit of information on how to lower your insurance rates. The key concept to understand is the more you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the lowest-priced insurance coverage comes from an unexpected company.
Additional information is available on the following sites:
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2024
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2024
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area