Cheapest 2011 Lexus GX 460 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you intimidated by the sheer number of insurance choices? You’re not alone. Consumers have so many companies to choose from that it can easily become a real hassle to compare prices.
Finding the best rates is not rocket science. Essentially anyone who carries auto insurance most likely will be able to find better rates. But vehicle owners need to have an understanding of how the larger insurance companies compete online because it can help you find the best coverage.
Verify you’re getting all your discounts
Companies don’t always list every discount very well, so we took the time to find both well-publicized and the more hidden ways to save on car insurance.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off for GX 460 insurance depending on your company.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower rates.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for a substantially lower rate.
- Save with a New Car – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home may trigger a car insurance policy discount because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less for GX 460 insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
- Student Driver Training – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts could save 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
For a list of providers with the best car insurance discounts, click this link.
When should I talk to an agent?
When it comes to buying coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- How much liability coverage do I need in my state?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Educate yourself about insurance coverages
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive protection – This pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as fire damage, damage from getting keyed and hitting a bird. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverage – This coverage covers damage to your GX 460 from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims such as crashing into a building, colliding with another moving vehicle, scraping a guard rail, backing into a parked car and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability – Liability coverage protects you from damage that occurs to other people or property in an accident. It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things like repair costs for stationary objects, bail bonds and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Medical expense coverage – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for short-term medical expenses such as funeral costs, prosthetic devices, surgery, pain medications and hospital visits. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Smart shoppers get results
We’ve covered some good ideas how to get a better price on 2011 Lexus GX 460 insurance. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even discover the best prices are with a lesser-known regional company.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Lower-priced insurance can be found online and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
More tips and info about auto insurance is located by following these links:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area