Lower Your 2011 Jeep Compass Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 27, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding better insurance prices for a new or used Jeep Compass could be difficult, but you can follow the following methods to find lower rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to compare auto insurance rates and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes on a Jeep and locate the best price possible.
Finding affordable coverage is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have a current insurance coverage policy or are just looking to switch companies, you can use these tips to find better prices and still get good coverage. Drivers only need an understanding of the best way to get comparison quotes online.
Quick Car Insurance Quotes
Effectively comparing car insurance prices can be challenging if you aren’t aware of the easiest way. You could waste a few hours talking about coverages with insurance agencies in your area, or you could save time and use the web to quickly compare rates.
The majority of car insurance companies belong to a marketplace where insurance shoppers submit their information once, and each participating company returns a rated price based on that data. This eliminates the need for repetitive form submissions to every company. To find out how much you can save on car insurance click here to start a free quote.
One minor caviat to comparing rates this way is you are unable to specify which providers you want to price. So if you prefer to choose specific insurance companies to receive pricing from, we have a listing of companies who write car insurance in your area. View list of insurance companies.
Whichever method you choose, make darn sure you compare the exact same coverages for every company. If the quotes have different liability limits it will be impossible to make a fair comparison for your Jeep Compass.
Cut your premium with discounts
Car insurance companies do not advertise every discount very clearly, so we researched some of the more common and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Paperless Signup – A few companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner can save you money because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles can earn a substantially lower rate.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active duty in the military can result in better rates.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for all your vehicles with the same company qualifies for this discount.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
To see a list of companies who offer insurance coverage discounts, click here to view.
Parts of the Jeep Compass rate equation
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that go into determining insurance coverage rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that can help you get better insurance coverage rates.
- Big city or small town – Residing in a rural area is a positive aspect when buying insurance coverage. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Your insurance coverage rates can be influenced by your job – Occupations like judges, executives and stock brokers tend to have the highest rates attributed to stressful work requirements and long work hours. On the other hand, professions such as pilots, students and retirees receive lower rates on Compass insurance.
- Bump up deductibles to save – Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your Jeep. A few examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, damage from fire, or theft. Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. The more you have to pay, the less your insurance coverage will be on Compass insurance.
- Special features that cut premiums – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent auto theft.
- Credit scores impact insurance coverage rates – A driver’s credit history is a big factor in calculating your insurance coverage rates. If your credit score is not that good, you could save money insuring your 2011 Jeep Compass by improving your rating. Drivers with good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with lower credit scores.
- Being married is a good thing – Having a spouse can get you a discount on your policy. Marriage usually means you are more mature and responsible and statistics show married couples file fewer claims.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – The majority of companies provide better rates to insureds who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even with this discount, you still need to compare rates to make sure you are getting the best deal.
What is the best insurance coverage?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions might point out if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Consumers constantly see and hear ads for cheaper car insurance from the likes of Allstate and Progressive. All the ads have a common claim that you can save after switching your coverage to them.
How do they all claim to save you money?
Different companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of driver they prefer to insure. A good example of a preferred risk might be between the ages of 40 and 55, has no prior claims, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A customer who meets those qualifications will get very good rates and therefore will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Consumers who don’t meet this ideal profile will be charged a more expensive rate which leads to business not being written. The ads say “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much. That is how companies can claim big savings. That is why you need to get as many comparisons as possible. It’s not possible to predict which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest Jeep Compass insurance rates.
Specific coverages for a Jeep Compass
Knowing the specifics of car insurance can be of help when determining the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance can cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property in an accident. It protects you against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability can pay for claims such as legal defense fees, medical services and pain and suffering. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance covers damage to your Compass resulting from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims like backing into a parked car, colliding with a tree and damaging your car on a curb. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as fire damage, vandalism, a broken windshield and damage from flooding. The maximum payout your car insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical expense insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for expenses such as prosthetic devices, hospital visits, dental work and chiropractic care. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers you and your occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Jeep Compass.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
One last thing
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Consumers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, high rates after DUI convictions, not issuing a premium refund or even delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right insurance provider is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Lower-priced 2011 Jeep Compass insurance can be bought from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area