2011 Honda Accord Car Insurance Cost
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 15, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
How much is a 2011 Honda Accord to insure? Shopping for affordable insurance on the web is intimidating for consumers new to price shopping online. With a ridiculous number of companies in the marketplace, how can anyone have a chance to compare them all to find the best available rates?
Shopping for more affordable 2011 Honda Accord car insurance coverage can be fairly easy. Essentially anyone who has to buy car insurance most likely will be able to cut their insurance bill. Although consumers must learn how the larger insurance companies price insurance differently and use this information to your advantage.
Are you getting all your auto insurance discounts?
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be available discounts that you may not even be aware of that can help you get cheap car insurance. Most are applied at the time of quoting, but a few need to be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given the whole policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any amount of discount will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
A partial list of companies that may offer these benefits include:
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Farm Bureau
- State Farm
Check with each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not be available in your area.
Elements that Influence 2011 Honda Accord Car Insurance Rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that help determine your car insurance rates. Understanding what influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Choosing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Anti-theft devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart car theft.
- Don’t buy coverages you don’t need – There are a lot of add-on coverages that you can buy on your Accord policy. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, towing coverage and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. They may seem like a good idea initially, but now you might not need them so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- How your age affects price – Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and get fewer tickets. Teenage drivers are known to be less responsible when behind the wheel and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Some insurers give discounts to policyholders who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s still a good idea to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Occupation reflects on rates – Occupations like doctors, social workers and stock brokers tend to have the highest rates because of high stress and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, occupations such as farmers, students and retirees receive lower rates on Accord insurance.
When might I need a car insurance agent?
When it comes to buying coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Are my friends covered when driving my 2011 Honda Accord?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Auto Insurance Coverages Explained
Having a good grasp of your policy can help you determine the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Accord resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims such as crashing into a building, hitting a mailbox, rolling your car and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Honda Accord.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
This provides protection from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property in an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers claims like funeral expenses, medical services, court costs and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but buy as much as you can afford.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for immediate expenses for things like rehabilitation expenses, X-ray expenses and EMT expenses. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and may carry a deductible
This will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as rock chips in glass, vandalism, a broken windshield and hitting a deer. The maximum amount an insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Be a Money Saver with Your 2011 Honda Accord Car Insurance
Cheaper 2011 Honda Accord insurance is attainable on the web and with local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can get a better price on insurance. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from an unexpected company.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area