Cheaper 2011 Ford Escape Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 30, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Overpriced Ford Escape insurance can drain your personal savings, especially in this economy. Comparison shopping is free and is an excellent way to make sure you’re not throwing money away.
Insurance companies such as Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance promote their brand names with ad campaigns and it is difficult to ignore the promise of big savings and take the time to shop coverage around.
You should make it a habit to compare rates periodically due to the fact that insurance rates fluctuate regularly. Just because you found the best rates on Escape insurance two years ago you can probably find a better price now. Starting right now, block out anything you think you know about insurance coverage because you’re going to get a crash course in the best way to find lower rates on insurance coverage.
Take advantage of discounts
Car insurance companies do not advertise all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list some of the more common as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home may trigger a car insurance policy discount because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down on your Ford could be rewarded with a substantially lower rate.
- One Accident Forgiven – Some insurance companies permit an accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more on Escape insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
- Auto/Life Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give lower rates if you buy life insurance.
- College Student – Children living away from home attending college without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you could get a free car insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Insurance companies who might offer some of the above discounts include:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- The Hartford
Double check with every prospective company how you can save money. Some discounts may not apply in your area.
Comparison of Insurance Coverage
When shopping for insurance coverage there are multiple ways to compare rate quotes from insurance coverage companies in your area. The recommended way to find the lowest 2011 Ford Escape rates is to use the internet to compare rates. This can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
- The best way to get the best comparison quotes is a comparison rater form like this one (opens in new window). This method saves time by eliminating boring form submissions for every insurance coverage company. One form submission will return price quotes from several companies.
- A different way to get comparison quotes is to take the time to go to the website for every company you want to comare to complete a price quote. For examples sake, let’s assume you want to compare State Farm, Allstate and American Family. You would have to go to every website and enter your information, which is why most consumers use the first method.To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
Whichever method you choose, make darn sure you compare identical information on every quote. If you enter different limits and deductibles on each one it will be impossible to truly determine the lowest rate. Slightly different coverages can mean a large discrepancy in price. And when comparing insurance coverage rates, know that having more price comparisons provides better odds of finding better pricing.
Why you might be paying too much to insure your Ford Escape
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. Knowing what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with big savings.
Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” that factor into rates.
- Males pay more for insurance – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women tend to get into accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to get cited for more serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Younger drivers pay higher rates – Young drivers tend to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Older insureds are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents and get fewer tickets.
- Liability coverage protects you – Liability coverage provides coverage if ever you are found liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Don’t get talked into coverage you don’t need – There are many add-on coverages you can purchase on your auto insurance policy. Coverages like vanishing deductibles, better glass coverage and membership fees may be wasting your money. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
- Being married can save on auto insurance – Being married helps lower the price on your auto insurance policy. Having a significant other usually means you are more responsible it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
- Your credit rating is important – Having a bad credit history is a huge factor in determining your rates. If your credit is not that good, you could save money insuring your 2011 Ford Escape by spending a little time repairing your credit. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with lower credit scores.
How to know if you need help
When buying coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your situation may require specific advice.
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Are my friends covered when driving my 2011 Ford Escape?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Information about specific coverages
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are the usual coverages offered by insurance companies.
Medical costs insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for expenses for things like EMT expenses, surgery, prosthetic devices and X-ray expenses. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Escape from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims like damaging your car on a curb, backing into a parked car, rolling your car and crashing into a ditch. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like damage from a tornado or hurricane, a broken windshield, vandalism, falling objects and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for liability
This coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as funeral expenses, attorney fees and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Online plus local equals savings
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to lower your 2011 Ford Escape insurance rates. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a small local company. Some small companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Affordable insurance can be bought on the web in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area