Cheapest 2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find better auto insurance rates for your Dodge Ram Pickup 3500? Purchasing low-cost auto insurance on the internet may be impossible for people who are new to comparison shopping online. When there are so many online companies, how can consumers even start to compare every company to locate the lowest price available?
It’s a good habit to do rate comparisons yearly due to the fact that insurance rates are constantly changing. Even if you got the best rates on Ram pickup coverage two years ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. There is a lot of wrong information about auto insurance online, so I’m going to show you some guaranteed methods to find cheap auto insurance.
If you currently have car insurance, you will most likely be able to reduce your rates substantially using this strategy. Buying the best auto insurance coverage is simple if you know the tricks. Although consumers can benefit from knowing the way companies market on the web and apply this information to your search.
How to Lower Your Car Insurance Cost
There are several ways of comparing rates and find the best price. The quickest method to find the cheapest 2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 insurance rates is to perform an online rate comparison. This can be done in a couple of different ways.
- The most efficient way to get quotes for comparison is an all-inclusive rate comparison click to view form in new window. This type of form saves time by eliminating separate quote forms to each individual car insurance company. One simple form gets rate comparisons direct from many companies. This is perfect if you don’t have a lot of time.
- Another way to compare prices consists of visiting each company’s website and fill out their own quote form. For sake of this example, we’ll assume you want comparison quotes from Nationwide, State Farm and Liberty Mutual. To find out each rate you need to take the time to go to each site and enter your policy data, and that’s why the first method is more popular. For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
It’s up to you which method you use, but compare apples-to-apples coverages and limits on every quote you get. If you are comparing different liability limits it will be impossible to determine the best price for your Dodge Ram Pickup 3500. Just a small difference in coverage limits can mean a large discrepancy in price. It’s important to know that comparing more company’s prices gives you a better chance of getting a better price.
Can you really save $400 a year?
Companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO regularly use television and radio advertisements. All the ads have a common claim that you can save if you move your policy. How can each company claim to save you money?
Insurance companies have a certain “appetite” for the right customer that earns them a profit. For instance, a desirable insured might be profiled as between 25 and 40, has no driving citations, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Any new insured who matches those parameters is entitled to the best price and as a result will probably cut their rates substantially.
Potential customers who fall outside this ideal profile will be charged higher rates and ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads state “drivers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much. This is how insurance companies can advertise the way they do.
That is why it is so important to quote coverage with many companies. It is impossible to predict which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 insurance rates.
How to save on 2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 insurance
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, buy you may qualify for discounts that you may not know about. Most are applied at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select companies give a discount for switching to them before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers may be able to get a discount up to 10% on Ram pickup coverage.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply the whole policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your overall premium however.
A partial list of companies who might offer some of the above discounts include:
Check with each insurance company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not apply in every state.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in my state?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Car insurance policy coverages for a 2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500
Having a good grasp of car insurance can help you determine which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Liability coverage will cover damage that occurs to other people or property by causing an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against things like funeral expenses, loss of income and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like theft, rock chips in glass, hitting a bird and hail damage. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Medical costs insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for expenses for things like EMT expenses, prosthetic devices and rehabilitation expenses. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Ram Pickup 3500 resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims like sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with a tree and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your 2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Usually these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Best coverage at the best price
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
You just read quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on 2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the lowest priced insurance coverage comes from a small local company.
Drivers leave their current company for any number of reasons including questionable increases in premium, policy non-renewal, delays in responding to claim requests or even extreme rates for teen drivers. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company is actually quite simple.
Additional insurance coverage information is located at the links below
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area