Cheapest 2009 Subaru Outback Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 6, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for cheaper car insurance rates for your Subaru Outback? I can’t think of a single person who likes paying for car insurance, particularly when they are paying too much. With consumers having so many online and local companies to choose from, it can be diffult for consumers to choose the most cost effective provider.
Buying car insurance is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your premiums substantially using these techniques. Drivers only need to know how to shop online.
Auto Insurance Prices Online
There are a lot of ways to compare auto insurance quotes, but some are less labor-intensive and much quicker. You can waste a few hours (or days) talking about coverages with local insurance agents in your area, or you can stay home and use the internet to achieve your goal.
Many of the larger companies enroll in a system that enables customers to send in one quote, and each participating company then returns a price quote for coverage. This prevents consumers from doing form submissions for each company.
To participate in this free quote system, click here to open in new window.
One minor caviat to getting quotes like this is that consumers can’t choose the companies you want to price. If you wish to select individual companies for rate comparison, we have a listing of the cheapest auto insurance companies in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
Which method you use is up to you, but make darn sure you compare apples-to-apples coverage limits for each price quote. If each company quotes different deductibles you can’t possibly find the best deal for your Subaru Outback.
Save money by taking advantage of these nine discounts
Car insurance companies do not list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down both well-publicized and the harder-to-find insurance savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can save up to 30% because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner can help you save on insurance because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for a discount up to 10% on Outback insurance.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less on Outback insurance than drivers with accidents.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck.
Companies that may offer some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- State Farm
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not apply in every state.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
When should I use an insurance agent?
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions might point out if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Who is covered when they drive my 2009 Subaru Outback?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Car insurance 101
Having a good grasp of insurance can help you determine the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find typical coverage types offered by insurance companies.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, vandalism, falling objects, theft and hitting a deer. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
This will pay to fix damage to your Outback resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as backing into a parked car, crashing into a building and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability auto insurance
Liability coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people that is your fault. It protects YOU against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as legal defense fees, structural damage and bail bonds. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for bills like rehabilitation expenses, funeral costs, EMT expenses, nursing services and chiropractic care. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Do the work, save more money
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that it was a big error on their part. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just covered a lot of information how to save on 2009 Subaru Outback insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the biggest savings come from the least-expected company. They may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
Budget-conscious insurance is attainable both online and with local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not offer online quoting and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
More information is located on the following sites:
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area