Cheapest 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 3, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for affordable Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance. You can either waste hours contacting agents to get rate comparisons or save time using the internet to compare rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to compare insurance coverage rates and we’ll show you the quickest way to compare rates on a Jeep and locate the cheapest rates.
If you have a policy now or are shopping for new coverage, you can use these tips to find better prices and still get good coverage. The purpose of this post is to let you in on how to effectively get price quotes. Drivers just need to learn the most effective way to compare prices online.
Low Cost Auto Insurance
There are a variety of methods to compare 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee auto insurance quotes, but one way is less time-consuming than others. You can spend countless hours driving to insurance companies in your area, or you can utilize online quoting to get pricing more quickly.
Many popular insurance companies participate in a marketplace where prospective buyers send in one quote, and each participating company returns a competitive quote determined by their information. This saves time by eliminating quotation requests for each company.
To enter your information into the quoting system, click here (opens in new window).
It’s up to you which method you use, but ensure you are comparing identical coverages and limits for each price quote. If your comparisons have mixed coverages it will be impossible to truly determine the lowest rate.
Pay less for 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but companies offer discounts to reduce the price significantly. Most are applied when you get a quote, but a few need to be asked about before being credited. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower rates.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% for Grand Cherokee insurance with a few insurance companies.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down on your Jeep can earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Accident Waiver – A handful of insurance companies permit an accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Memberships – Being a member of a civic or occupational organization could trigger savings when buying insurance for Grand Cherokee insurance.
- Paperless Signup – A few companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy online.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will cut the cost of coverage.
A partial list of companies that may offer these benefits include:
- Farmers Insurance
- State Farm
Double check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. Some discounts may not apply everywhere.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage coverage, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether you may require specific advice.
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Car insurance specifics
Knowing the specifics of a car insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Jeep Grand Cherokee.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Insurance for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for immediate expenses for hospital visits, surgery, doctor visits and ambulance fees. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Auto liability insurance
This coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show values of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as medical services, funeral expenses, structural damage, bail bonds and medical expenses. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like damage from getting keyed, falling objects, a broken windshield, damage from flooding and hitting a bird. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Grand Cherokee caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims such as scraping a guard rail, hitting a mailbox, rolling your car and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area