Cheapest 2009 Hyundai Elantra Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for the cheapest auto insurance rates for your Hyundai Elantra? Tired of scraping the payment together each month for car insurance? You are no different than most other car owners. Having so many options when it comes to auto insurance, it’s difficult to pick the most affordable company.
Finding affordable coverage is not that difficult. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to cut costs considerably using this information. Drivers only need an understanding of how to compare company rates on the web.
Quick Insurance Quotes
Most companies provide coverage prices online. Obtaining pricing is pretty easy as you simply enter the coverage amounts you desire into a form. Behind the scenes, the system collects reports for credit and driving violations and generates a price. Being able to quote online simplifies rate comparisons, but the time it takes to visit different websites and fill out multiple forms is repetitive and time-consuming. But it’s absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible in order to get the best price on insurance.
A quicker way to lower your insurance bill makes use of a single form to return rates from a bunch of companies at once. This type of form saves time, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes quoting online much more efficient. As soon as the form is sent, it is rated and you can select any or none of the returned quotes. If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you simply finish the application and purchase the new policy. It can be completed in less than 10 minutes and could lower your rates considerably.
If you want to fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, click here and input your coverage information. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you complete the form with the insurance coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. This guarantees you will have a fair comparison using the same coverage and limits.
These factors can influence what you pay for Hyundai Elantra insurance
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for car insurance. Knowing what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The list below includes some of the factors that factor into premiums.
- Choose a safe vehicle and save – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. These vehicles protect occupants better and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates. If your Hyundai has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may be receiving lower rates.
- Frequent car insurance claims increase rates – If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Companies provide discounts to drivers who are claim-free. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- High deductibles save money – Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay before your car insurance pays a claim. Physical damage coverage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your car from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and rolling your vehicle. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance on Elantra insurance.
- How credit affects car insurance rates – Having a bad credit history is a large factor in calculating your car insurance rates. If your credit rating is not that good, you could pay less to insure your 2009 Hyundai Elantra by repairing your credit. People with excellent credit tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
- Protect your assets with liability insurance – Your policy’s liability coverage provides coverage when a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. It provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Marriage pays dividends – Being married helps lower the price on your car insurance policy. Having a spouse means you’re more mature and responsible and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Don’t buy coverages you don’t need – There are quite a few extra bells and whistles that you can buy when buying car insurance. Things like vanishing deductibles, towing coverage and term life insurance are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea at first, but if they’re wasting money remove them from your policy.
- Poor driving leads to higher costs – Your driving record has a big impact on rates. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates compared to drivers with tickets. Even one speeding ticket can bump up the cost by twenty percent. Drivers who get flagrant violations such as DUI or reckless driving may be required to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
You probably qualify for some discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of some of the more common and the harder-to-find insurance coverage savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military could mean lower rates.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of insurance companies will give a small break simply for signing digitally online.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more on Elantra insurance than less cautious drivers.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one insurance company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
There’s no such thing as the perfect policy
When choosing the best insurance coverage, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Does my 2009 Hyundai Elantra need full coverage?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Who is covered when they drive my 2009 Hyundai Elantra?
- What happens if I owe more than my 2009 Hyundai Elantra is worth?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent.
What auto insurance coverages do you need?
Having a good grasp of a auto insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are typical coverage types found on most auto insurance policies.
Liability car insurance
Liability coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 50/100/50 which stand for a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as funeral expenses, legal defense fees, loss of income and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but buy higher limits if possible.
Medical expense insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for bills like ambulance fees, X-ray expenses, nursing services and doctor visits. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Elantra resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims like hitting a mailbox, colliding with another moving vehicle, scraping a guard rail and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your 2009 Hyundai Elantra.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like hitting a deer, damage from a tornado or hurricane, rock chips in glass, theft and vandalism. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Save your hard earned cash
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
We just showed you many ways to compare 2009 Hyundai Elantra insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more you quote, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from the least-expected company. Regional companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
To read more, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area