Cheapest 2009 Ford Shelby GT500 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Sep 2, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want cheaper auto insurance rates? Drivers have many options when trying to find the best price on Ford Shelby GT500 insurance. You can either waste hours struggling with agents to get rate comparisons or utilize the internet to compare rates.
There are both good and bad ways to shop for auto insurance and you need to know the best way to quote coverages on a Ford and obtain the cheapest rates either online or from local insurance agents.
Ford Shelby GT500 rates influenced by many factors
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
Shown below are some of the factors that factor into your rates.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Theft prevention devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder car theft.
- Big city or small town – Living in a rural area is a positive aspect when buying auto insurance. City drivers have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Lower population means reduced accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Pay less if you’re married – Getting married helps lower the price when buying auto insurance. Having a significant other translates into being more mature than a single person and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Sex matters – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Women and men tend to get into accidents in similar percentages, but the men have costlier accidents. Men also statistically have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI. Young males are the most expensive to insure and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
- How credit affects auto insurance rates – Having a bad credit rating is a large factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with lower credit ratings. If your credit can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2009 Ford Shelby GT500 by improving your credit score.
- Rates may be lower depending on your job – Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations such as judges, business owners and financial analysts tend to have higher average rates due to job stress and long work days. Conversely, occupations like pilots, engineers and homemakers receive lower rates on Shelby GT500 coverage.
- Higher deductibles cost less – Your deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage coverage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of covered claims are running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and rolling your vehicle. The more money you’re willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance on Shelby GT500 coverage.
The quickest method to compare insurance rates in your area is to realize almost all companies participate in online systems to compare rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is give them some information such as level of coverage desired, whether your vehicle is owned or leased, whether the vehicles are used for commuting, and how much education you have. Your information is instantly submitted to all major companies and they return rate quotes quickly.
Do drivers who switch really save?
Consumers can’t get away from ads that promise big savings from the likes of State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. All the companies have a common claim about savings if you move your coverage to them.
How does each company make almost identical claims? This is how they do it.
All the different companies have a preferred profile for the right customer that makes them money. A good example of a desirable insured might be profiled as over the age of 40, has no prior claims, and has great credit. A propective insured who matches those parameters receives the best rates and most likely will save when switching.
Drivers who don’t measure up to this ideal profile will be charged a higher premium and this can result in business going elsewhere. The ads state “customers that switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that kind of money. That’s the way insurance companies can make those claims.
That is why it is so important to compare as many rates as you can. It’s just too difficult to predict the company that will give you the biggest savings on Ford Shelby GT500 insurance.
Save with discounts on 2009 Ford Shelby GT500 insurance
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there could be available discounts that many people don’t even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply when you purchase, but less common discounts must be asked about before being credited. If you don’t get every credit possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Own a Home – Owning a home may trigger a car insurance policy discount because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Memberships – Affiliation with a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates on your policy on Shelby GT500 coverage.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Student in College – Kids in college who live away from home without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will bring down the amount you have to pay.
A partial list of companies who might offer some of the above discounts include:
Double check with each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts might not apply in every state.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions might point out whether you may require specific advice.
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Car insurance coverage options for a Ford Shelby GT500
Having a good grasp of your policy aids in choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Car insurance terms can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Auto liability insurance – This coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see values of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for claims such as legal defense fees, medical expenses, attorney fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and bail bonds. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses like rehabilitation expenses, funeral costs and EMT expenses. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive insurance – This coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as vandalism, hail damage, hitting a deer, damage from getting keyed and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount your car insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage pays for damage to your Shelby GT500 resulting from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things like crashing into a building, colliding with another moving vehicle and rolling your car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Usually these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
A tidy conclusion
Cost effective 2009 Ford Shelby GT500 insurance is attainable from both online companies and with local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not offer online quoting and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, policy cancellation, extreme rates for teen drivers and questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
As you prepare to switch companies, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, an insured cut collision coverage only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area