Cheapest 2009 Cadillac CTS5 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for lower insurance rates for your Cadillac CTS? Are you overwhelmed by the sheer number of insurance choices? Many other consumers are too. Drivers have so many options that it can be a real hassle to find lower rates.
It’s smart to check insurance prices on a regular basis due to the fact that insurance rates fluctuate regularly. Even if you think you had the lowest price on CTS coverage a year ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Starting now, block out anything you think you know about insurance because I’m going to teach you the fastest and easiest way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
How to Compare Insurance Coverage Rates
The are a couple different ways to get quotes from different insurance companies. The best way to compare 2009 Cadillac CTS insurance prices consists of shopping online. This can be done using a couple different methods.
- The single most time-saving way to compare a lot of rates at once is a comparison rater form like this one (opens in new window). This form keeps you from doing multiple quote forms to each individual insurance coverage company. In just a few minutes this one form gets rate comparisons from multiple low-cost companies. It’s the fastest way to compare.
- A slightly less efficient method to get quotes online is spending the time to visit the website of each company and complete a new quote form. For examples sake, let’s assume you want comparison quotes from GEICO, Farmers and Liberty Mutual. To get rate quotes you would need to visit each site and enter your policy data, which is why most consumers use the first method. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
Which method you use is up to you, but ensure you’re using identical coverage limits with each company. If you use unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be impossible to determine which rate is truly the best. Slightly different coverage limits could mean much higher rates. It’s important to know that comparing a large number of companies helps locate the best rates.
Don’t overlook these five discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you can get discounts to help offset the cost. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- E-sign – Some insurance companies will give a small break just for signing your application over the internet.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think you could get a free insurance coverage policy, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount will cut your overall premium however.
Insurance companies that may offer some of the above discounts are:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- The Hartford
Before buying, ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts may not be available everywhere.
Is my situation unique?
When it comes to buying the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions might point out whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Is my 2009 Cadillac CTS covered for flood damage?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my 2009 Cadillac CTS?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Switch companies and save? Really?
Companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive consistently run ads in print and on television. All the ads say the same thing that you can save if you change to them. How can each company claim to save you money? It’s all in the numbers.
Different companies are able to cherry pick for the type of driver that is profitable for them. An example of a profitable customer might be profiled as between 25 and 40, is a homeowner, and has great credit. A customer who matches those parameters is entitled to the best price and is almost guaranteed to pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential customers who are not a match for the “perfect” profile must pay higher rates and ends up with business not being written. The ads say “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. This is how insurance companies can make those claims.
This illustrates why drivers should get quotes from several different companies. You cannot predict which car insurance company will provide you with the cheapest Cadillac CTS insurance rates.
Auto insurance coverage information
Learning about specific coverages of your auto insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Auto insurance terms can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for short-term medical expenses for doctor visits, hospital visits and surgery. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Liability – This coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have values of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers claims like bail bonds, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and attorney fees. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Comprehensive coverage – Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from flooding, theft and vandalism. The highest amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims such as rolling your car, sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with a tree, scraping a guard rail and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Cadillac CTS.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
A tidy conclusion
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to regret they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford.
Cheaper 2009 Cadillac CTS insurance can be found both online as well as from independent agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
You just read a lot of information how to compare insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a small mutual company.
To learn more, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area