Cheapest 2008 Saab 9-3 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want cheaper auto insurance rates for your Saab 9-3? Trying to find cheaper insurance for a Saab 9-3 could be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to save time. There are both good and bad ways to buy auto insurance and you need to know the best way to quote coverages for a Saab and get the best price possible either online or from local insurance agents.
Finding affordable coverage is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have a current car insurance policy or need a new policy, you can learn to cut your premiums and still get good coverage. Consumers just need to know the best way to get comparison quotes online.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Car insurance companies don’t list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member can result in better rates.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a course teaching defensive driving skills could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less for 9-3 coverage than their less cautious counterparts.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- College Student – Kids in college living away from home attending college and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To see a list of companies with discount insurance rates, click this link.
Compare the Market for Insurance
Most companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm give price estimates directly from their websites. Getting online rates is pretty easy as you simply type in your required coverages into the quote form. Once entered, their rating system collects your credit score and driving record and returns pricing information based on these factors.
This makes comparing rates easy, but the process of having to visit several different sites and enter the same data into a form can be a bit repetitive. But it’s very important to have as many quotes as possible in order to get better insurance pricing.
The easy way to compare rates
The smarter way to get multiple rate quotes uses one simple form that gets prices from a lot of companies. This type of form saves time, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes quoting online much easier to do. As soon as you send your information, it is quoted and you can choose any or none of the quote results. If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you simply finish the application and buy the new coverage. This process can be completed in a matter of minutes and may result in a nice savings.
In order to compare rates now, simply click here to open in new window and begin entering your coverage information. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you copy your coverages identical to your current policy. This way, you’re receiving an apples-to-apples comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
Factors influencing Saab 9-3 insurance rates
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that help determine the rates you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – The majority of insurers will award you with lower prices to people who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Consumers may find a better deal by buying insurance from more than one company.
- High numbers of claims are not good – Insurance companies award cheaper rates to policyholders who are claim-free. If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Car insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- Are you male or female? – Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Both sexes cause accidents in similar percentages, but the males cause more damage. They also receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore have the most expensive insurance rates.
- Better credit scores mean better rates – Having a bad credit score is a huge factor in calculating your insurance rates. If your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your 2008 Saab 9-3 by repairing your credit. People with high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than drivers who have poor credit.
- Do you know your deductibles? – Physical damage coverage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your Saab from damage. Examples of covered claims are running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, and burglary. Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend in the event of a claim. The more expense you’re willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive for 9-3 coverage.
- Where you live – Living in less populated areas can be a good thing when talking about insurance. Lower population means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Urban drivers have much more traffic to deal with and longer commutes to work. More time commuting means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars protect occupants better and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates. If the Saab 9-3 has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you are probably receiving a discount.
- Rates may be higher depending on your occupation – Jobs such as doctors, social workers and accountants tend to pay higher rates than average because of high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, professions such as farmers, athletes and retirees have the lowest average rates for 9-3 coverage.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same coverage
When buying coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if you will benefit from professional help.
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- What if I total my 2008 Saab 9-3 and owe more than it’s worth?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Can you really save that much by switching?
Consumers can’t get away from ads for the lowest price auto insurance by companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. They all seem to make an identical promise about savings after switching to them.
How can each company claim to save you money?
All companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of driver that is profitable for them. An example of a desirable insured could be over the age of 40, insures multiple vehicles, and has a short commute. A driver who fits that profile will get the preferred rates and as a result will probably save when they switch companies.
Potential customers who fall outside this ideal profile will be quoted more money and ends up with the customer not buying. Company advertisements say “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that kind of money. This is how insurance companies can make the claims of big savings. This emphasizes why you should get quotes from several different companies. It’s not possible to predict the company that will have the lowest Saab 9-3 insurance rates.
Coverages available on your car insurance policy
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Medical costs insurance – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for expenses such as nursing services, pain medications and rehabilitation expenses. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Auto liability – This coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see values of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims like attorney fees, emergency aid, pain and suffering and structural damage. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Collision coverages – Collision coverage pays for damage to your 9-3 resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims such as driving through your garage door, damaging your car on a curb, hitting a parking meter, hitting a mailbox and backing into a parked car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – This will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like fire damage, damage from flooding and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The most a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
UM/UIM Coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Saab 9-3.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Get your money’s worth
We covered a lot of tips how to shop for 2008 Saab 9-3 insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
When shopping online for auto insurance, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Discount insurance is attainable online and with local insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection. A few companies do not offer online quoting and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Much more information about auto insurance is available below:
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area