Cheapest 2008 Honda Element Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
No one in their right mind cherishes buying insurance coverage, in particular when they are paying too much. Many insurance companies vie to insure your vehicles, so it’s not easy to compare every insurance company to discover the definitive best rate
It is always a good idea to compare prices before your policy renews because rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you found the best deal on Element coverage last year you may be paying too much now. So forget all the misinformation about insurance coverage because you’re about to learn how to quote online to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
How to Compare Insurance Rates
Performing a rate comparison can be exhausting if you don’t know the most efficient way. You could waste a few hours driving to insurance companies in your area, or you can stay home and use the web to get prices fast.
The majority of car insurance companies belong to an insurance system where insurance shoppers enter their policy data once, and each participating company can provide price quotes for coverage. This system prevents you from having to do quote requests for each company. To compare 2008 Honda Element rates now click here to start a free quote.
The one downside to using this type of system is that you can’t choose the insurers you will receive quotes from. So if you prefer to pick from a list of companies to compare prices, we have a page of companies who write insurance in your area. View list of insurance companies.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just be sure to compare identical coverage limits and deductibles for each price quote. If you are comparing mixed coverages it will be impossible to decipher which rate is best.
Don’t overlook these discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but companies offer discounts to reduce the price significantly. Most are applied at quote time, but some must be asked about prior to receiving the credit. If you’re not getting every credit available, you are throwing money away.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% on Element coverage depending on your company.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers can possibly qualify for reduced rates on Element coverage.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver’s ed class in high school.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles can earn a substantially lower rate.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like you could get a free insurance coverage policy, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount will cut your overall premium however.
Insurance companies who might offer these money-saving discounts include:
- State Farm
- 21st Century
Double check with each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts might not be offered in your state.
Honda Element rates are in the details
It’s important that you understand the factors that go into determining the price you pay for auto insurance. Knowing what influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower auto insurance prices.
- Liability coverage is peace of mind – Your policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. It will provide you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Add-on coverages can add up – There are a lot of extra coverages that you can buy if you aren’t careful. Things like vanishing deductibles, towing coverage and membership fees are examples of these. They may seem good initially, but your needs may have changed so remove them from your policy.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress job? – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupations like real estate brokers, architects and dentists tend to have the highest average rates due to high stress and long work hours. Other occupations such as pilots, historians and performers receive lower rates on Element coverage.
- Car features impact rates – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.
- Adjust deductibles and save – The deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply could be running into the backend of another car, damage from fire, and burglary. The more you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance on Element coverage.
- Being married can save on auto insurance – Having a wife or husband actually saves money on your auto insurance policy. It means you’re more mature and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Older drivers pay less – Teenage drivers tend to be more careless behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates. If you’ve ever had to add a teenage driver to your policy can really hurt. Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and get fewer tickets.
- You might want pay the small claims yourself – Auto insurance companies provide better rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to higher rates. Auto insurance is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Is my situation unique?
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Every situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Slick advertising tricks that work
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads for car insurance savings by Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. All the companies say the same thing about savings if you switch to their company.
How can each company make the same claim? It’s all in the numbers.
All companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of customer that is profitable for them. An example of a preferred risk might be profiled as between the ages of 40 and 55, has no tickets, and has a high credit rating. A customer getting a price quote who matches those parameters is entitled to the best price and is almost guaranteed to pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential customers who are not a match for these standards must pay higher rates and this can result in the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads say “customers who switch” not “people who quote” save that kind of money. This is how insurance companies can claim big savings.
This illustrates why you absolutely need to get as many quotes as possible. You cannot predict the company that will have the lowest Honda Element insurance rates.
Insurance coverage breakdown
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are typical coverage types available from insurance companies.
This will cover damage that occurs to other people or property that is your fault. It protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 50/100/50 that means you have a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers things like emergency aid, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, legal defense fees and bail bonds. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance covers damage to your Element resulting from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims such as driving through your garage door, rolling your car, hitting a mailbox, damaging your car on a curb and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as hail damage, damage from flooding, vandalism and damage from getting keyed. The most a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical expense insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for bills for chiropractic care, pain medications, nursing services, rehabilitation expenses and hospital visits. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can lower your 2008 Honda Element insurance rates. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from a small local company. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area