Cheapest 2008 Ford Mustang Car Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 16, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding better rates for insurance is difficult for beginners to shopping for insurance online. There are so many choices that it can be a big hassle to find lower rates.
If you currently have car insurance, you will be able to reduce your rates substantially using these tips. The purpose of this article is to help educate you on the most effective way to quote insurance and some money-saving tips. Although consumers can benefit from knowing how the larger insurance companies price insurance differently.
Verify you’re getting all your discounts
Companies don’t always advertise all their discounts very well, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Resident Student – Children who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one insurance company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Sign Online – A handful of insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing digitally online.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Early Signing – Some companies give discounts for switching policies prior to your current policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with lower rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization could trigger savings when shopping for insurance for Ford Mustang coverage.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
For a list of providers offering insurance discounts, click this link.
The quickest method to compare rates is to know the fact most of the larger companies have advanced systems to provide you with free rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information like any included safety features, your job, how many miles driven, and the make and model of your vehicles. Your insurance information is instantly provided to insurance companies and they return cost estimate very quickly.
When should I talk to an agent?
When buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
For example, these questions might point out whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my 2008 Ford Mustang?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Auto insurance coverage information
Learning about specific coverages of your policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Insurance for medical payments – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses for things like surgery, hospital visits, doctor visits, X-ray expenses and rehabilitation expenses. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability insurance – This protects you from damage or injury you incur to people or other property. It protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 bodily injury coverage, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers claims like legal defense fees, pain and suffering, loss of income, court costs and medical expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, rock chips in glass, hitting a bird, damage from getting keyed and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision coverage – This coverage pays for damage to your Mustang resulting from a collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims such as sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a mailbox, driving through your garage door, crashing into a ditch and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Ford Mustang.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Online plus local equals savings
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate.
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to reduce 2008 Ford Mustang insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
People switch companies for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in paying claims, high rates after DUI convictions or extreme rates for teen drivers. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right insurance provider is not as difficult as it may seem.
More information is available at these links:
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area