How Much Does 2008 Chevrolet Equinox Insurance Cost?
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 6, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want cheaper insurance rates for your Chevrolet Equinox? Nobody I know cherishes buying insurance, especially knowing the cost is way too high.
You have multiple insurers to purchase coverage from, and although it’s a good thing to be able to choose, it can be more challenging to find the lowest cost provider.
You need to price shop coverage at least once a year since insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. If you had the best deal for Equinox insurance two years ago there may be better deals available now. Starting right now, forget all the misinformation about insurance because I’m going to teach you the fastest and easiest way to find lower rates on insurance.
Buying car insurance is not that difficult. Basically, everyone who shops for car insurance will most likely be able to find lower rates. Although vehicle owners do need to understand the methods companies use to compete online because it can help you find the best coverage.
How to Lower Your Auto Insurance Cost
The are a couple different ways to compare rate quotes from local auto insurance companies. The best method to find the lowest 2008 Chevy Equinox rates is to get quotes online. This can be done using a couple different methods.
The most efficient way consumers can make multiple comparisons is an all-inclusive rate comparison (click to open form in new window). This method prevents you from having to do repetitive form submissions to each individual auto insurance company. One quote request will return price quotes from all major companies.
A harder way to compare prices requires you to visit the website for every company you want to comare to request a price quote. For sake of this example, we’ll pretend you want comparison quotes from Liberty Mutual, Allstate and Progressive. To get each rate you have to spend time on each company’s site and enter your policy data, and that’s why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
The most time-consuming way to get comparison rates is to waste gas driving to different agent offices. The internet has reduced the need for local agents unless you prefer the professional advice that only a license agent can provide. It is possible to price shop online and still use a local agent and you’ll learn how to do that later.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but make absolute certain that you use apples-to-apples coverage information for every company. If you enter different deductibles it will be next to impossible to determine the best price for your Chevy Equinox. Just a small difference in coverages could mean much higher rates. And when price shopping your coverage, more quotes helps locate better pricing.
Impacting insurance rates for a Chevy Equinox
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that help determine the rates you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels enables informed choices that can help you get better car insurance rates.
- Sex matters – Statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Both sexes cause accidents in similar percentages, but men cause more damage. Men also get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Young males are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Your stress level may be raising your rates – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Occupations such as doctors, social workers and stock brokers are shown to have the highest rates because of high stress and long work days. On the other hand, jobs such as actors, students and performers pay the least for Equinox insurance.
- Do you need the policy add-ons? – There are a ton of add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t careful. Insurance for personal injury protection, accidental death and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Where you live is a factor – Choosing to live in less populated areas is a positive aspect when it comes to car insurance. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents and a lower car theft rate. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with more traffic problems and much longer commute distances. More time on the road translates into higher accident risk.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can help prevent your car from being stolen.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. Safer cars protect occupants better and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you. If the Chevy Equinox has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
Do you qualify for a discount?
Car insurance companies do not advertise all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down both well-publicized and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers pay less when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- No Charge for an Accident – A handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Resident Student – Children who live away from home and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger companies have a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags can get savings up to 30%.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for new cars.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To see a list of insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates, follow this link.
What coverages do I need?
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What are the best liability limits?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Car insurance coverage information
Learning about specific coverages of your policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are the usual coverages found on most insurance policies.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Chevy Equinox.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as damage from flooding, vandalism and damage from getting keyed. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Liability insurance can cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property in an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show limits of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability coverage protects against claims like legal defense fees, funeral expenses, structural damage, court costs and emergency aid. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Insurance for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for short-term medical expenses such as hospital visits, chiropractic care and dental work. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims like driving through your garage door, colliding with another moving vehicle and hitting a parking meter. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Shop Smart and Save
Lower-priced 2008 Chevy Equinox insurance can be found online and with local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and learned later that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price.
More detailed auto insurance information is located in the articles below:
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Who Has Cheap Riverside Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox? (QuoteRiverside.com)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area