Cheapest 2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jan 13, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
I can’t think of a single person who looks forward to paying for insurance coverage, especially when the cost is too high. Lots of insurers contend for your hard-earned dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every provider to get the cheapest price
You should make it a habit to compare prices occasionally since insurance rates are constantly changing. If you had the best rates on Rabbit coverage a year ago there may be better deals available now. Starting right now, block out anything you think you know about insurance coverage because you’re going to learn the quickest way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Take advantage of discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there are discounts available that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts apply automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before you will receive the discount. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you may save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Student Driver Training – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class in high school.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% less on Rabbit coverage than drivers with accident claims.
- Save with a New Car – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify you for a discount on Rabbit coverage with certain companies.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Volkswagen can qualify you for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- One Accident Forgiven – Some insurance companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck. But all discounts will reduce the amount you have to pay.
To see a list of insurers with the best car insurance discounts, click here to view.
The easiest way to compare policy rates takes advantage of the fact most insurance companies pay for the opportunity to provide you with a free rate quote. The one thing you need to do is give the companies some data such as types of safety features, marital status, if the vehicle is leased, and the ages of drivers. Those rating factors gets sent immediately to multiple top-rated companies and they respond with quotes quickly.
How to know if you need help
When buying coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions may help highlight if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in my state?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Specific coverage details
Understanding the coverages of a car insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are the normal coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
Insurance for medical payments – Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for bills such as nursing services, X-ray expenses, doctor visits, funeral costs and ambulance fees. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability coverages – This will cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for things such as pain and suffering, bail bonds and structural damage. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Collision coverages – Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Rabbit caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things like hitting a parking meter, sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with another moving vehicle, backing into a parked car and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, vandalism and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Volkswagen Rabbit.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Usually these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Save your cold hard cash
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Discount 2007 Volkswagen Rabbit insurance can be bought on the web and with local insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best selection. Some companies do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
Additional information can be read on the following sites:
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area