Cheapest 2007 Volkswagen Jetta Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 3, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding and buying car insurance is not really something drivers fancy doing, but it’s mandatory for every vehicle.
Don’t miss out on these money-saving discounts
Companies don’t always advertise all their discounts very well, so here is a list both the well known and also the lesser-known car insurance savings.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new car can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% on Jetta coverage depending on your company.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of insurance companies give back up to $50 simply for signing digitally online.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who live away from home without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
It’s important to note that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
Do I need special coverages?
When buying coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does my 2007 Volkswagen Jetta qualify for pleasure use?
- How high should deductibles be on a 2007 Volkswagen Jetta?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Specific coverages for a Volkswagen Jetta
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Collision coverages – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims such as damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a building, sideswiping another vehicle and driving through your garage door. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like falling objects, vandalism, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and hail damage. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Liability insurance – This coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to people or other property in an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 100/300/100 that means you have a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, $300,000 for the entire accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims like legal defense fees, medical expenses and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Medical expense insurance – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for short-term medical expenses such as prosthetic devices, rehabilitation expenses, EMT expenses and chiropractic care. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Volkswagen Jetta.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Summing up your insurance search
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, drivers have reduced full coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Discount 2007 Volkswagen Jetta insurance is definitely available from both online companies and with local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as high rates after DUI convictions, policy cancellation, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or even delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching companies can be easier than you think.
Much more information about insurance is located at the links below
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area