Cheapest 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want better insurance rates? Drivers have options when trying to find the best price on Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance. You can either spend your time calling around to compare prices or leverage the internet to compare rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to find insurance online and you need to know the proper way to get price quotes on a Toyota and get the lowest possible price.
If you have a current car insurance policy or need new coverage, you can use these techniques to cut your premiums while maximizing coverage. This information will instruct you on how to effectively get price quotes and some tricks to saving. Consumers only need an understanding of the most efficient way to get comparison quotes over the internet.
Discounts can save BIG
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise every available discount very well, so here is a list both the well known and also the lesser-known ways to save on car insurance. If you don’t get every credit possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a course teaching defensive driving skills can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off for FJ Cruiser coverage depending on your company.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers living away from home attending college without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Companies that may have some of the above discounts include:
Check with each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not be available in your state.
Factors determining your Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance premium
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that help determine the rates you pay for car insurance. Understanding what controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to better car insurance rates.
The following are some of the factors companies use to determine prices.
- Tickets mean higher rates – Just one citation can increase rates by twenty percent. Good drivers receive lower rates than bad drivers. Drivers who have serious citations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
- Frequent car insurance claims increase rates – Auto insurance companies provide lower rates to insureds who file claims infrequently. If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on higher rates. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- High credit ratings translate to low rates – Having a bad credit score is a big factor in calculating your car insurance rates. People with high credit scores tend to be more responsible than those with lower credit scores. If your credit is low, you could save money insuring your 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser by improving your rating.
- Your spouse saves you money – Having a spouse can actually save you money when buying car insurance. Having a spouse means you’re more responsible and it’s statistically proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Owning a car with an alarm system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Anti-theft devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent auto theft.
- Teen drivers pay high rates – More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, file fewer claims and are safer drivers. Teen drivers are statistically proven to get distracted easily when driving therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Auto insurance 101
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Auto collision coverage
This covers damage to your FJ Cruiser from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims like hitting a mailbox, sustaining damage from a pot hole, sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with a tree and hitting a parking meter. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and damage to your 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like fire damage, hail damage, falling objects and rock chips in glass. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Auto liability insurance
Liability coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property that is your fault. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 50/100/50 which means a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as emergency aid, bail bonds, medical services, repair costs for stationary objects and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Coverage for medical expenses
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for expenses for things like EMT expenses, ambulance fees, nursing services and X-ray expenses. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Pennies from heaven
Insureds switch companies for any number of reasons including denial of a claim, high rates after DUI convictions, delays in paying claims and policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason, switching auto insurance companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to get a better price on 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest premiums are with a lesser-known regional company.
As you restructure your insurance plan, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, someone sacrificed collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
To read more, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area