Cheapest 2007 Mercury Montego Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want the cheapest insurance coverage rates for your Mercury Montego? Finding affordable insurance coverage can be difficult for beginners to buying insurance online. People have so many options available that it can be a big hassle to compare prices.
It’s a good habit to price shop coverage quite often since rates go up and down regularly. Even if you think you had the best deal on Montego insurance six months ago other companies may now be cheaper. You can find a lot of wrong information about insurance coverage online but I’m going to show you a bunch of ideas how to quit paying high insurance coverage rates.
Locating more affordable insurance is quite easy. Basically, everyone who carries insurance most likely will be able to find lower rates. Although consumers must understand how the larger insurance companies sell online and take advantage of how the system works.
Mercury Montego insurance rates are influenced by…
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. Knowing what controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get better car insurance rates.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can help prevent your car from being stolen.
- Traffic citations inflate rates – Good drivers have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Just one speeding ticket can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have severe citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Rates may be lower depending on your job – Occupations such as doctors, social workers and dentists tend to pay the highest average rates because of stressful work requirements and long work hours. Other professions such as pilots, historians and retirees have the lowest average rates on Montego insurance.
- Big city or small town – Living in a small town has it’s advantages when it comes to car insurance. Urban drivers tend to have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate.
- Your spouse saves you money – Having a spouse can get you a discount on your car insurance policy. Having a significant other is viewed as being more responsible and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Lower rates come with age – Youthful drivers are known to be more careless when behind the wheel so car insurance rates are higher. Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- Liability coverage is peace of mind – Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you when you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
Which Car Insurance is Cheapest?
To find the best car insurance prices, there are several ways to compare rate quotes and find the best price. The quickest method to find the lowest 2007 Mercury Montego rates involves getting comparison quotes online. This can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
The recommended way to get the best comparison quotes is to use a rate comparison form click here to open form in new window. This type of form keeps you from doing repetitive form submissions for every car insurance company. A single, simple form will get you rate comparisons from multiple low-cost companies. This is by far the quickest method.
Another way to compare rate quotes requires a trip to each company website to complete a price quote. For example, we’ll assume you want to compare rates from Nationwide, Progressive and State Farm. To get each rate you have to visit each site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is quicker. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
The hardest method of comparing rate quotes is driving to and from local insurance agencies. Buying insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you prefer the professional advice that only a license agent can provide. You can, however, price shop online and get advice from an agent in your area.
Whichever method you choose, double check that you are using identical deductibles and coverage limits for every quote you compare. If each company quotes mixed coverages it will be next to impossible to make a fair comparison for your Mercury Montego. Quoting even small variations in insurance coverages can result in a big premium difference. Keep in mind that comparing a large number of companies will increase your chances of finding better pricing.
Get lower rates on 2007 Mercury Montego insurance
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, buy you may qualify for discounts that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but a few must be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for all your vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Life Insurance – Some companies give lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers pay less when compared with drivers who are more careless.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply the whole policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your overall premium however.
Companies that possibly offer these discounts may include but are not limited to:
Double check with each insurance company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts might not apply in every state.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether you will benefit from professional help.
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- If my 2007 Mercury Montego is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my 2007 Mercury Montego?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Car insurance coverage considerations
Understanding the coverages of a car insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Car insurance terms can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
This coverage protects you from damage that occurs to people or other property that is your fault. It protects you from claims by other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see values of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for things like attorney fees, structural damage, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, loss of income and repair costs for stationary objects. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Mercury Montego.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Montego resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as colliding with another moving vehicle, driving through your garage door and crashing into a building. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive car insurance
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as theft, hail damage and a broken windshield. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for short-term medical expenses like EMT expenses, ambulance fees, funeral costs and pain medications. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, lack of trust in their agent, high rates after DUI convictions and even being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
When you buy insurance online, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
The cheapest 2007 Mercury Montego insurance can be sourced both online and with local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Additional information is available on the following sites:
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area