Cheapest 2007 Hyundai Elantra Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 2, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for better car insurance rates for your Hyundai Elantra? Locating better insurance prices for a Hyundai Elantra could be difficult, but you can use the following methods and make it easy. There is a better way to buy car insurance so you’re going to learn the best way to get price quotes on a Hyundai and obtain the cheapest rates from local insurance agents and online providers.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is quite easy. If you have a policy now or need new coverage, you can follow these tips to cut your premiums and still get good coverage. Vehicle owners just need to understand the proper methods to compare price quotes online.
How to Compare Car Insurance
All the larger car insurance companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO give price estimates on the web. Obtaining pricing is pretty painless as you simply enter the coverage amounts you desire into a form. Once you submit the form, their rating system will obtain your driving record and credit report and quotes a price based on many factors.
Online price quotes helps simplify price comparisons, but the time required to go to a lot of sites and enter the same data into a form can be a bit repetitive. Unfortunately, it is important to do this in order to find a better rate.
Quote rates the easy way
A more efficient way to lower your rates uses one form that gets price quotes from more than one company. The form is fast, eliminates form submissions, and makes quoting online much easier to do. Immediately after you send the form, your coverage is rated and you are able to buy any of the pricing results. If a lower price is quoted, it’s easy to complete the application and purchase the new policy. The entire process just takes a couple of minutes and could lower your rates considerably.
To quickly find out how much you can save on car insurance, simply click here to open in new window and submit the form. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you duplicate deductibles and limits as shown on your current policy. This makes sure you will get rate comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
Take discounts and save
Car insurance companies don’t list all available discounts very well, so we took the time to find both well-publicized and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less on Elantra insurance than less cautious drivers.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a course in driver safety can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Sign Online – A handful of insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same company you may earn up to 20% off your total premium.
- Auto/Life Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give lower rates if you buy life insurance.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if you will benefit from professional help.
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in my state?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- What if I total my 2007 Hyundai Elantra and owe more than it’s worth?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Parts of the Hyundai Elantra rate equation
It’s important that you understand the factors that help determine the rates you pay for insurance coverage. Knowing what controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
- Men pay higher rates – Statistics demonstrate women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean men are worse drivers. Both sexes cause accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to get more serious tickets such as reckless driving.
- Small claims can cost you – If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance companies provide discounts to drivers who are claim-free. Car insurance is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – Some insurance coverage companies will give a discount to insureds who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money. Drivers may still find a better deal by buying insurance coverage from a different company.
- High deductibles save money – Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Coverage for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply could be running into the backend of another car, vandalism, and burglary. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive on Elantra insurance.
- How’s your driving record? – Your driving citation history has a big impact on rates. Just one citation can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who don’t get tickets have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have severe citations like DUI or reckless driving may need to submit a SR-22 form with the DMV in their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Coverages available on your car insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of your car insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Liability – This provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 50/100/50 that means you have a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers things such as legal defense fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and attorney fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but buy higher limits if possible.
Comprehensive coverage – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as damage from getting keyed, theft, fire damage, a broken windshield and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance pays for damage to your Elantra caused by collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as colliding with a tree, crashing into a building and crashing into a ditch. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for immediate expenses for X-ray expenses, funeral costs, ambulance fees, chiropractic care and hospital visits. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Summing up your insurance coverage search
When buying insurance coverage, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
You just learned a lot of information how to reduce 2007 Hyundai Elantra insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the best prices are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Lower-priced insurance can be bought both online and with local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Additional insurance coverage information can be read below:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area