Cheapest 2007 Ford Expedition Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 18, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Confused by the number of insurance companies? Many other drivers are as well. Drivers have so many companies to choose from that it can be more work than you anticipated to locate the lowest price.
Factors that can influence Ford Expedition insurance rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that come into play when calculating car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with big savings.
The list below includes a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine rates.
- Extra add-on coverages are wasting money – There are a lot of extra bells and whistles that can waste your money if you aren’t careful. Coverages like vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness and motor club memberships are some examples. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if you don’t need them get rid of them and save.
- Discounts for multiple policies – Some insurance companies give discounts to insureds who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, you may still want to comparison shop to ensure the best deal. Drivers may still find a better deal by splitting coverages up.
- Protect your assets with liability insurance – Liability insurance is the protection if a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Where you live is a factor – Residing in a small town can be a good thing when talking about car insurance. Drivers who live in large cities have to deal with much more traffic and longer commute times. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate.
Free Quotes for Insurance
The are a couple different ways of comparing rate quotes from local insurance companies. The easiest way to find competitive 2007 Ford Expedition insurance rates is to get quotes online. This can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
The best way to compare a lot of rates at once is an all-inclusive rate comparison like this one (opens in new window). This form prevents you from having to do a different quote for every insurance company. In just a few minutes this one form gets rate comparisons instantly.It’s the quickest way to get rates.
A slightly less efficient method to obtain and compare quotes online requires you to visit each company’s website to complete their respective quote request forms. For sake of this example, let’s say you want to compare Auto-Owners, Safeco and GEICO. To find out each rate you need to go to every website and enter your policy data, and that’s why the first method is more popular. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
The most time-consuming way of getting rate comparisons is driving to and from local insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you want the trained guidance of a licensed agent. It is possible to comparison shop online and still use a local agent.
However you get your quotes, compare apples-to-apples coverage limits and deductibles for each comparison quote. If the quotes have different limits and deductibles on each one it will be next to impossible to truly determine the lowest rate. Just a small difference in coverage limits may result in large price differences. And when comparing insurance rates, know that obtaining a wide range of quotes provides better odds of finding a lower rate.
Verify you’re getting all your discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, buy you may qualify for discounts to reduce the price significantly. Most are applied at the time of purchase, but a few need to be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home may trigger a car insurance policy discount because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Sign Online – A handful of insurance companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application online.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less for Expedition coverage than less cautious drivers.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers may qualify for a small decrease in premiums for Expedition coverage.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply the whole policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will help reduce your premiums.
To see a list of companies offering car insurance discounts, follow this link.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
When should I talk to an agent?
When choosing the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- How high should deductibles be on a 2007 Ford Expedition?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2007 Ford Expedition is totaled?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Car insurance coverage considerations
Understanding the coverages of your policy aids in choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Liability insurance protects you from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property in an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, $300,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for claims like structural damage, emergency aid, medical services, bail bonds and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for things like chiropractic care, ambulance fees and funeral costs. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like falling objects, damage from flooding and a broken windshield. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things such as backing into a parked car, sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with a tree, colliding with another moving vehicle and hitting a parking meter. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Ford Expedition.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Make an honest buck
In this article, we covered many tips how you can get a better price on 2007 Ford Expedition insurance. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may discover the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, extreme rates for teen drivers, poor customer service or even unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies is easier than you think.
The cheapest insurance can be purchased both online and also from your neighborhood agents, so compare prices from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not provide online quoting and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
More detailed car insurance information is located in the articles below:
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area