Cheapest 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want the cheapest car insurance rates for your Chrysler PT Cruiser? Are you tired of not being able to afford to insure your Chrysler every month? Your situation is no different than the majority of other car owners.
Because there are so many choices of insurance companies, it’s difficult to locate the lowest price provider.
Compare the Market for Insurance
There are several ways of comparing rates from insurance companies in your area. The recommended way to find the lowest 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser rates involves getting comparison quotes online. This can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The best way consumers can analyze rates is a comparison rater form (click to open form in new window). This easy form eliminates the need for multiple quote forms for each company you want a rate for. One simple form gets you price quotes from multiple low-cost companies.
- Another way to compare prices consists of going to the website of each company to request a price quote. For example, we’ll pretend you want to compare Progressive, Liberty Mutual and State Farm. To find out each rate you need to spend time on each company’s site to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is quicker.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
- The least efficient way to compare rates is driving to insurance agents’ offices. The internet has reduced the need for local agents unless you want the personal advice of a licensed agent. It is possible to price shop your coverage online but buy from a local insurance agent and we’ll talk about that later.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but make absolute certain that you use exactly the same information with each company. If you are comparing different liability limits it will be next to impossible to make an equal comparison. Just a small difference in coverages can make a big difference in price. And when price shopping your coverage, comparing more company’s prices will improve the odds of getting lower pricing.
Discounts can save BIG
Companies don’t always list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of some of the best known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with a qualifying organization could trigger savings on your policy on PT Cruiser insurance.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for a substantially lower rate.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a defensive driving course could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less on PT Cruiser insurance than less cautious drivers.
- Accident Free – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give better rates if you take out life insurance from them.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply the whole policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To see a list of companies with discount insurance coverage rates, click here.
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
- Is my 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser covered for flood damage?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Does my 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser qualify for pleasure use?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Factors that might impact rates for a Chrysler PT Cruiser
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that come into play when calculating car insurance rates. Knowing what controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- Don’t let your coverage lapse – Letting your insurance expire will be a fast way to pay more for car insurance. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Tickets mean higher rates – Careful drivers have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Even one ticket can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. If you have severe violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find they need to submit a SR-22 form to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Proper usage rating affects rates – The more miles you rack up on your Chrysler every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most insurance companies charge to insure your cars based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos left parked in the garage qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Make sure your car insurance policy is rated on how each vehicle is driven. Incorrect usage on your PT Cruiser may be wasting your money.
- You might want pay the small claims yourself – Car insurance companies generally give lower rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Better credit means lower rates – Having a bad credit rating is a huge factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with lower ratings. If your credit history can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser by improving your credit score.
- Men are more aggressive – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. They both have accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. Men also tend to get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
- Liability coverage protects you – Liability coverage is the protection in the event that a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
Can you really save $427 a year?
Insurance coverage companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm regularly use ads in print and on television. They all seem to make an identical promise of big savings if you move your policy. But how can every company claim to save you money?
Different companies are able to cherry pick for the driver that makes them money. A good example of a profitable customer could be over the age of 50, has no prior claims, and has excellent credit. Any new insured that hits that “sweet spot” will qualify for the lowest rates and as a result will probably pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential customers who don’t measure up to these standards must pay more money and this can result in business not being written. The ad wording is “people who switch” not “people who quote” save that much. This is how companies can claim big savings. This illustrates why you should get as many comparisons as possible. You cannot predict which insurance companies will fit your personal profile best.
Car insurance policy specifics
Understanding the coverages of your car insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find the normal coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for bills such as ambulance fees, pain medications, funeral costs, EMT expenses and dental work. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability coverage protects against claims like structural damage, emergency aid, bail bonds, attorney fees and pain and suffering. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like hitting a deer, vandalism, damage from flooding, damage from getting keyed and hitting a bird. The most a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your PT Cruiser resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims like scraping a guard rail, colliding with another moving vehicle and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Be a smart shopper
We just showed you many ideas to save on 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies. They can often provide lower rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
The cheapest insurance can be purchased from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some auto insurance companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Other learning opportunities
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area